apple products...

Kooky

Can anyone advise me if my data/contacts etc on my iPad/iphone will work once i move to australia or will i loose everything!? I have a mac too - will that work?

I use iCloud to back up my devices - will the iCloud wok over there?

also how about the music i have on iTunes?

Thanks

You don't move your iTunes account as much as set up a new Aus one with Aus card and address.

Very true! We were apple everything when we moved over, plugged in and everything worked perfectly, everything saved! We still used our UK iTunes account initially but eventually set up an OZ iTunes account too, you can't transfer over you simply have to set up a new account and switch between the 2, I needed to create a new email address to set up the OZ account but somehow I can actually access my iTunes library from both accounts. I do have to separately log into each account in order to update apps etc, but I do find that once everything's up to date and synced I can watch downloads on Apple TV in either account, you do need a current UK/OZ card for the respective accounts to be able to download which next year for me will be a big problem re UK iTunes but my family regularly send me iTunes gift cards from Uk which keeps it topped up! The only reason for this being that not everything is available in both stores and I do love my Uk I dramas!! just downloaded The Crimson Field which is an awesome BBC drama not in OZ iTunes yet the brilliant Aussie drama A place to Call home isn't in UK iTunes, hence, 2 accounts can be useful (but painful!!!!!),

I only use iTunes for music really so shouldn't be too much of a problem though I would have liked to have 1 place to find my my music on my phone/iPad as I teach dance so it is really necessary I have my music on there in playlists etc. ho Hum.

What at about ICloud then - can I just acces everything I can here - I pay for extra storage so not sure how it'll work!

Thanks everyone x

I only use iTunes for music really so shouldn't be too much of a problem though I would have liked to have 1 place to find my my music on my phone/iPad as I teach dance so it is really necessary I have my music on there in playlists etc. ho Hum.

What at about ICloud then - can I just acces everything I can here - I pay for extra storage so not sure how it'll work!

Thanks everyone x

Im no expert so take my advice with a caveat BUT I have found apple generally to be awesome, we have all our library whether we are in OZ or UK iTunes, it's all there and seriously we just landed, got an internet connection, logged into iTunes and voila!! I honestly also found getting an OZ iTunes account easy and it synced with my UK one, we can access all our library, whichever account we are in. I would honestly say don't worry!!!

Archived