Employment statements

minijax172

Hi guys,

To get my skills assessed for a 489 visa I need to get employment statements from ex employer's to prove my work experience.

Does anyone know if this is something the ex employers have to do by law or can they refuse?

I know now a couple of them will do it but I'm unsure if the other one will.

Sorry if this seems like a silly question I am just trying to do all I can before I start the whole process.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

To get my skills assessed for a 489 visa I need to get employment statements from ex employer's to prove my work experience.

Does anyone know if this is something the ex employers have to do by law or can they refuse?

I know now a couple of them will do it but I'm unsure if the other one will.

Sorry if this seems like a silly question I am just trying to do all I can before I start the whole process.

Thank you!

Depends where your are.

In Australia employers must issue a statement of service, but are nor obliged to do more.

You can do a statutory declaration if they refuse. I'd think best to have the employer statement over a stat dec though.

Some people can't get in touch with employers etc or they don't respond and so have to do a stat dec xx

You can do a statutory declaration if they refuse. I'd think best to have the employer statement over a stat dec though.

Some people can't get in touch with employers etc or they don't respond and so have to do a stat dec xx

Thanks jodipodi, I will try and if I have no luck I will do a statutory declaration :smile:

oh no really? I don't suppose there is any other way is there?

I think what Wesley is getting at is a stat dec will not be sufficient on its own. If you can't get a reference there's no other choice but a stat dec and plenty of other supporting evidence to verify the info on the stat dec.

I think what Wesley is getting at is a stat dec will not be sufficient on its own. If you can't get a reference there's no other choice but a stat dec and plenty of other supporting evidence to verify the info on the stat dec.

Oh I see, ok thank you. I have P45, P60, bank statements and a statement of earnings from HMRC, do you think all of that with a stat dec would be ok?

Thank you, Sarah

Yes that's fine as supporting evidence. The content of the stat dec is also very important though, it has to be detailed and can't be just "I declare I worked here between such and such dates".

Ok I will look into that then. Thank you so much for your help :-)

This is why if you can afford to, using a MARA agent is worth every penny.

Advice on forums are often missing vital bits of info, often correct but not complete if that makes sense.... And also very often they are incorrect.

Good luck with everything x

This is why if you can afford to, using a MARA agent is worth every penny.

Advice on forums are often missing vital bits of info, often correct but not complete if that makes sense.... And also very often they are incorrect.

Good luck with everything x

Yes I think I will use an agent nearer the time of applying for my visa. Got a few things to sort out here first.

Thank you :-)

Archived