email from immi department ( sponsor visa)

enok

hi everyone ... I asked this for my friend ... my friend has been granted 119 (rsms) visa one year ago and now is trying to join the citizenship. But what happened now is that she got an letter from immigration department saying that they will send her an email in relation with her visa but no other details... the email is about confirming the email she has....she doesn't know what is going on... and she is really upset.. anyone met this problem before? anyone know what the letter could be..?

thx

Not quite sure what your question is?? Are you saying she was granted PR only 1 year ago but now she wants citizenship? If this is the case then the usual wait is 4 years from becoming a permanent resident, actually living in Aus not just bring granted the visa.

If it's a query simply about her visa then is she actually living in Aus yet or at least made a validation trip? If no in both cases then she could be at risk of her visa not being validated and therefore no longer valid.

thx for your replying..... the immigration just sent her email stating the cancellation of her visa.. she has been living in australia for 6 years ..she can apply for citizenship... she is really upset now...

The cancellation letter was for rsms? Or citizenship?

119 is offshore visa, has she been in aus already? (Within 6 months after the visa was granted?)

is she working for the sponsor company still? Or she changed her work place?

When she got 119 visa in aus, she needed to go out of aus and re-entered. If she didn't, it means that she hasn't obtained any visa because she didn't validate the visa.

Archived