Explain Australian Post

Bromney

Hi All,

Can someone please explain the recorded delivery through Australian Post? I have now, twice, sent a recorded delivery to the UK and paid extra to get delivery confirmation. I have not received delivery confirmation on either occassion and at least one of my deliveries did make it to it's destination. Who is responsible for sending me the delivery confirmation card, is it the recipient of the letter or should it be Aus Post responsibility? If it's the former I can't see the justification in paying extra for recorded delivery!

They don't actually send it to you. Even in the uk they don't send it to you. You can request it, but it isn't always available with international post. It is just to make sure you get a signature to prove it has got there. For example, if you sell something on eBay and they say they didn't get it you can fight a PayPal charge back.

in the UK you can track recorded/special by going to the Royal Mail website and using the code you were given when posting the item. Nobody will actively tell you that the item has arrived though. Agree that the item shouldn't be going missing though!

Guest Guest40285

You can track with Australia Post as well, they have a website you can open an account in too.

Thanks for the replies all. The people at the post office can't be very good as no one bothered to explain I could track this on-line. I find quite a few Australian websites lacking in usability so just didn't bother checking the Aus Post website.

Anyway, I was specifically asked to fill out a card and was told this would be returned to me to prove delivery, of course I never saw that card ever again. What irks me is that I paid a premium for this service, either Aus Post is shoddy or the people at the post office I used are clueless.

You can track with Australia Post as well, they have a website you can open an account in too.

I attempted to track a parcel sent to the UK a few months ago using the number on the receipt, and was unable to. I went to my local post office, and asked why I could not, and they said the tracking was not for international post, only within Australia. I asked why I had paid the extra money for, and they said that was only to prove that it had been delivered and accepted at destination.

Hi All,

Can someone please explain the recorded delivery through Australian Post? I have now, twice, sent a recorded delivery to the UK and paid extra to get delivery confirmation. I have not received delivery confirmation on either occassion and at least one of my deliveries did make it to it's destination. Who is responsible for sending me the delivery confirmation card, is it the recipient of the letter or should it be Aus Post responsibility? If it's the former I can't see the justification in paying extra for recorded delivery!

"Recorded delivery" doesn't exist in Australia, I assume you mean registered post? Registered post just means delivery is recorded at the destination post office, and the recipient has to sign for it. If you want the confirmation card, it's extra on top of the cost of registered post.

If you want to be able to track the item if it gets lost, you need to use Pack & Track International.

Archived