189 May 2014 lodge gang

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Saad are you still waiting? I'm from Iran and I submitted our PCC and medical more than one month ago. But still no contact from the officer.

Yap [emoji19].. Contacted DIAC at the end of last month.. They mentioned that they have received all the necessary papers to complete the assessment but only waiting for the SECURITY CLEARANCE from some external agency!.. They expect 3-4 weeks and asked me to inquire again at the end of this month if no decision is given by then.

I completed my studies and lived in Australia for the last 5 years. Even inquired with BD police whether they have received any request for security clearance and asked to respond by 24 hours. They informed they haven't received anything. I guess it's the ASIO who is taking their time. Even immi can't push them.

Funny thing, I complained to IGIS regarding the delay before CO allocation and they replied usually it takes a year. But that was based on the previous assesment timeline of 12 months for 189. Interestingly, I got a CO allocation in the following 3rd day.

I guess name, geography and religion are part to blame for the delay!..

• 2 months later...

Any updates Saad?

The CO had asked for PCCs and Medical in Sept which I provided them. On the account page it shows the documents as being received as on the 9th dec 2014.

No idea if that means they have started processing it. It doesn't really make any sense to ask for medical if they need to perform external security checks first.

Any updates Saad?

The CO had asked for PCCs and Medical in Sept which I provided them. On the account page it shows the documents as being received as on the 9th dec 2014.

No idea if that means they have started processing it. It doesn't really make any sense to ask for medical if they need to perform external security checks first.

Yeah. Mine too. Hope it means something

Yeah. Mine too. Hope it means something

Well after asking for medical in August, they only contacted in mid November to ask for two counties police clearance which expired in July. I asked why didn't they ask for this in august along with the health evidence, they had no reply.

Well submitted everything by 12th of december but no updates yet!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi all just want to join this page,

My situation, I already applied once in Oct 2013, we were missed informed by our agent that we do not need a australia dental council cert, and APHRA is enough for my wife. been in Oz for 2 years now on visa 457.

After we paid all the fees and medical, itelts, and police clearance. The application was was rejected as expected. :mad:

we tried to get a refund on the ground of misinformed by a register agent, but no luck.

at the same time we applied for the ADC and that took 6 months from getting certified reference from UK (original not scanned image), then waiting for them to process. I thought APHRA was bad.

Anyway rant over, we had a new EOI last week and submitted 12th May. Hopefully this time go straight through. I wonder if we get allocated quicker because its all there. :wink:

Good luck everybody!

Hi, I'm new to this, so have a question for you please.

Does one need full assessment by the ADC ( initial assessment+ written exam+ clinical exam passed) for the skilled 189 visa document submission or just an inital assessment letter offering to sit the written exam and a limited AHPRA registration is good enough for dentist?