How many more hoops?

Does anyone know estimated timescales?

Medicals?

Police Checks?

Etc

There are 3 potential hoops before an approval:

1. Medicals

2. Police Clearance

3. Form 80 (this is up to Case Officer discretion)

I think all of the hoops are up to Case Officer discretion actually, but I've seem almost everybody on the forum apply for Police Clearance and Medicals. You can add these to your application as you get them, or wait for the Case Officer to ask for them.

I'm not sure on remaining time scales, but I'm working on 2 months. It looks like it takes about 3-4 weeks to get a Case Officer allocated and then another 2-3 weeks for an approval.

If you look at the thread for people who lodged in March, there are still many people waiting for responses to their applications.

Now that I'm in the queue, waiting for a CO, I'm wondering what to do next. Has anybody uploaded any documentation with their applications so far?

I've started pricing up medical checks, can I go ahead and book this now or do I need to wait for CO to request it first?

I've also looked into getting Police Clearance, so I assume I can start the ball rolling with that as well in the mean time without waiting for CO?

Now that I'm in the queue, waiting for a CO, I'm wondering what to do next. Has anybody uploaded any documentation with their applications so far?

I've started pricing up medical checks, can I go ahead and book this now or do I need to wait for CO to request it first?

I've also looked into getting Police Clearance, so I assume I can start the ball rolling with that as well in the mean time without waiting for CO?

Hi Cuberoot,

Can you let us all know who you end up using for these checks, I will be completing my Application tonight, then I will also be looking at Police & Medicals too.

Paul

I just found the bit on IMMI where documents are uploaded. I must have missed it yesterday. I've uploaded all the basic docs that I already had and used for my Skills Assessment.

Now to arrange Police Clearance and Medicals.

Im getting my medicals done here:

http://www.bridgewaterhospital.com/treatments/medmigration.html

And UK Police Clearance here:

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

I just found the bit on IMMI where documents are uploaded. I must have missed it yesterday. I've uploaded all the basic docs that I already had and used for my Skills Assessment.

Now to arrange Police Clearance and Medicals.

Im getting my medicals done here:

http://www.bridgewaterhospital.com/treatments/medmigration.html

And UK Police Clearance here:

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

I did my medicals there, very professional service by Dr Million, who seems to have a good sense of humour.

Hi all just want to join this page,

My situation, I already applied once in Oct 2013, we were missed informed by our agent that we do not need a australia dental council cert, and APHRA is enough for my wife. been in Oz for 2 years now on visa 457.

After we paid all the fees and medical, itelts, and police clearance. The application was was rejected as expected. :mad:

we tried to get a refund on the ground of misinformed by a register agent, but no luck.

at the same time we applied for the ADC and that took 6 months from getting certified reference from UK (original not scanned image), then waiting for them to process. I thought APHRA was bad.

Anyway rant over, we had a new EOI last week and submitted 12th May. Hopefully this time go straight through. I wonder if we get allocated quicker because its all there. :wink:

Good luck everybody!

Edited by donaldouk

Hi,

I received an invitation to apply for my 189 on the 12th May, I am not using a migration agent so I am in the process of collating all the paperwork before I submit my application, however I have a couple of queries that I am struggling to find answers to so was hoping someone maybe able to help here?

I have completed my PCC previously and received a "No live trace" back for a foolish drunken incident over 10 yrs ago, which I received a police caution for at the time. I did not know if I need to write a letter to explain the "no live trace" as I have seen people talking about writing a statutory declaration for similar scenarios, but unsure on format, content and whether I need it witnessed or whether a simple letter signed would be sufficient?

Also similar question about my partner who is a defacto on the application, we have been together over 5 years and I have bank statements, tent ledgers from over 3 yrs ago to support as evidence but didn't know whether I needed to write a letter as well?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Hi,

I received an invitation to apply for my 189 on the 12th May, I am not using a migration agent so I am in the process of collating all the paperwork before I submit my application, however I have a couple of queries that I am struggling to find answers to so was hoping someone maybe able to help here?

I have completed my PCC previously and received a "No live trace" back for a foolish drunken incident over 10 yrs ago, which I received a police caution for at the time. I did not know if I need to write a letter to explain the "no live trace" as I have seen people talking about writing a statutory declaration for similar scenarios, but unsure on format, content and whether I need it witnessed or whether a simple letter signed would be sufficient?

Also similar question about my partner who is a defacto on the application, we have been together over 5 years and I have bank statements, tent ledgers from over 3 yrs ago to support as evidence but didn't know whether I needed to write a letter as well?

Any advice would be much appreciated

You could wait for Case Officer to be assigned and then find out what they want? None of those documents are mandatory for submitting your application and starting the ball rolling in the process. This is my 2 cents, I'm not a migration agent or an expert.

For PCC you could probably include a cover letter if something comes up in a more recent check.

For defacto, I'm not sure, but you could look at the guidance for what is required or wait for CO to ask for certain documents.

@gtaylor: For the medicals, did you print out the "eMedical" form that is generated from your ImmiAccount or did you simply provide them with your HAP id and passport?

When I booked it with Bridgewater Hospital, they sent through an email explaining everything, and booked in on my HAPID number. The email they sent me said the following (copied and pasted here):

The Australian High Commission requirements are listed below. It is essential that each applicant has the following with them at the appointment:-

1. The specific visa subclass.

2. The identification no. issued by the case officer handling your application. This may be entitled TRN, which always begins EG followed by letters and numbers, HAP which is H followed by six numbers, or HID which is a series of numbers. The Department of Immigration requires one of the above reference numbers in order that your case can be submitted. The identification number is essential. The assessment cannot be completed without it.

3. Your passport.

PLEASE NOTE we do NOT require any photographs, forms or referral letters as all information is entered and processed electronically.

Hi guys, we lodged our visa in December and even with the delays we had with having to get extra health reports for my little boy we were granted our 189 visa last week. Hang in there and be honest and open with your case officer, if you cant meet a deadline they set you fro extra info, let them know, as long as they know they are fine. Also if anyone is lucky enough to have Enzo Santin as there case officer he is bang on, he was very open with us.

Hi guys, we lodged our visa in December and even with the delays we had with having to get extra health reports for my little boy we were granted our 189 visa last week. Hang in there and be honest and open with your case officer, if you cant meet a deadline they set you fro extra info, let them know, as long as they know they are fine. Also if anyone is lucky enough to have Enzo Santin as there case officer he is bang on, he was very open with us.

Congrats! Have fun in Oz!

I think honestly is the best policy too.

Looks like I've been allocated a Case Officer!

I've been requested to upload medicals, police clearance and financial evidence of employment for all employers.

That's great news - good luck.

Financial evidence - I am planning to sell up and take my equity with me, does this count as adequate financial status, should be around £50k - other than that, we earn our wages and we pay our bills, no real savings to rely on.

Should I be concerned?