sponsorship fell through struggeling to find another :/

SamC123

hi I have been in Australia for 4 and a half months now, I got a job as a carpenter as soon as I got out here and my boss said he will sponsor me a few weeks into it, but time has gone by and every time I asked him about it he said yeh come see me tomorrow ect...

times running out now and basically he isn't sponsoring me he's just been stringing me along.

does anyone know of any companies who offer 457 visas for carpenters? as I am really struggling to get a job with a sponsorship included.

No you would need at least 55 points before applying for SS Sam. have you done an ielts exam? and also if your serious about the time stress, i would get a skills assessment down post haste. this is mandatory for any sponsorship. and it takes a while. ive just done mine. it involves a lot of paperwork which im not sure you have with you from home, that would have to be approved, then youll be requested to do either a technical or practical test. all takes time and a lot of money. The ielts test is not madatory if your from an english speaking country, but as i got 55 points i went and did the ielts for extra points, toget me over the 60 point mark. it aint that easy either. you need to study.<br><br>All in all if your determined to go the sponsor route you will need a skills assessment 100%. if this is your first year there, as an alternative, i would go do 3 months harvest work to get your second year, thuis giving you more time to sort things out for yourself.<br><br>Hope that helps bud, <br><br><br>Bests steve  p.s speaking from experience here, i had a sposor fall through aswell at the death. nightmare, not im doing my PR from here in Germany.<br><br>

Ok pal thanks for the advice much appreciated I'll get the assessment done ASAP how do u do it? Through the immi site? And I'm scoring 50 I need to get the test done but I'm not the best at written it's my weak point :/