Hi all,

I am hoping that some of you out there can offer me some advice!

I am a qualified Primary school teacher and want to make the move to Oz. I have already been on a whv so that isn't an option for me. Primary teaching isn't on the SOL, so on a whim I applied to AITSL to have my skills assessed as a Pre-Primary teacher. I got a 'not suitable' outcome because my studies didn't have a sufficient focus on the early years.

What my plan is now is...... go to Australia on a student visa and do a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, to hopefully make up the the deficit in my learning on the early years and then get my skills assessed again and hopefully be able to get a skilled visa! My problem is that I have no idea if this will satisfy AITSL's requirements. They leave their requirements vague and won't give any advice on any courses that will help you meet their requirements because they don't want people doing what I'm trying to do.... Do a course to meet their requirements and then apply for a skilled visa!

Does anybody have any idea if a Primary teaching qualification along with a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care would enable me to meet the requirements of Pre-Primary teaching??

Is the student visa worth a shot or should I give up the Australian dream???

All opinions and advice are greatly appreciated :smile:

Hi all

kindly if any one can assist me if my husband like to take General English course in Perth

if he can apply for another visa after that ,as we are from Jordan and he have a bachelor degree in

accounting.

if any one please can advise will be highly appreciated .

many thanks

Hi YOLO,

As far as I am aware for the pre-primary assessment your PGCE needs to be an Early Years one. I have also done my WHV so when I came back to the UK decided to do the Early Years PGCE so I could go back permanently. My sister on the other hand decided to stay on in Oz as a student (doing hairdressing) she has now been there for an extra 3 years doing various hairdressing and beauty courses and through this now has an employer willing to sponsor her, maybe this could be an option for you?

Archived