partner proof of proficient english

shelz

Hello,

Currently trying to get proof for my partners English proficiency for 189 visa preparations. Born in UK, English speaking school etc...

however his secondary school no longer exists and we have contacted the council and they advise that records are no longer held for his attendance so am struggling to get a letter clarifying that he attended 5 consecutive years and was taught in English!:arghh:

Any one has any suggestions.... definitely don't want to pay the 2nd visa installment charge and he should nt need to sit Ielts if he ha this proof - any other suggestions or could he do a statutory declaration or something????

Anyone have a similar experience?

are you able to contact the exam board from when he attended school and will have sat his gcses/standard grades? they can provide copies of exam results which would obviously show years in school. I know in Scotland I can get mine from when I was there and I left 11 years ago. Not sure if there will be a time limit on it though. Fingers crossed :)

Guest Guest 47403
Hello,

Currently trying to get proof for my partners English proficiency for 189 visa preparations. Born in UK, English speaking school etc...

however his secondary school no longer exists and we have contacted the council and they advise that records are no longer held for his attendance so am struggling to get a letter clarifying that he attended 5 consecutive years and was taught in English!:arghh:

Any one has any suggestions.... definitely don't want to pay the 2nd visa installment charge and he should nt need to sit Ielts if he ha this proof - any other suggestions or could he do a statutory declaration or something????

Anyone have a similar experience?

Is he British?

Is he British?

Yes he is, I thought about the exam certificates and was informed that it would only provide proof that he sat the exam not that he attended secondary school for 5 years :-(

Any other suggestions?

Guest Guest 47403
Yes he is, I thought about the exam certificates and was informed that it would only provide proof that he sat the exam not that he attended secondary school for 5 years :-(

Any other suggestions?

As said above his passport bio page is all you need. No need to start collecting info you don't need shelz.

As said above his passport bio page is all you need. No need to start collecting info you don't need shelz.

Im glad for the clarification , I thought for the 189 visa he would need passport and a letter to prove english, and also to stop the 2nd instalment charge . I will stop worrying now then :-)

I had same problem and despite being born in England etc I had to complete a self declaration which was emailed to me

Oh, I thought there was something else we needed to do, where would I get a self declaration form emailed from, do u think I coild jjst request one in advance of putting EOI in ? Just trying to be organised :-)

His Bio page from his UK passport should be sufficient, but if you want to submit more documentation, does he have his annual school reports that you could submit certified copies of? Someone I know did this and it was acceptable....

Oh, I thought there was something else we needed to do, where would I get a self declaration form emailed from, do u think I coild jjst request one in advance of putting EOI in ? Just trying to be organised :-)

I didn't know I needed one until case officer emailed it and then I completed , scanned and sent back. I have been asked for some things others haven't and vice versa so suggest you work along the basis that if it's needed they will ask for it. Good luck!

Archived