457 job change

skinny

Hi everyone, i'm new here and need some help ASAP. I came here 9 months ago as a skilled mechanic on a 457 visa however i have fallen out of love with the job and want to do something different. I have been offered several jobs in sales but they wont touch me as my visa is for a mechanic. My question is is there anyway i can transfer from my current job to another on a 457 visa. Please help as my wife and i will have to move back to the UK and that is not what either of us want. Please help guys.:arghh:

Hi everyone, i'm new here and need some help ASAP. I came here 9 months ago as a skilled mechanic on a 457 visa however i have fallen out of love with the job and want to do something different. I have been offered several jobs in sales but they wont touch me as my visa is for a mechanic. My question is is there anyway i can transfer from my current job to another on a 457 visa. Please help as my wife and i will have to move back to the UK and that is not what either of us want. Please help guys.:arghh:

Hi Skinny, welcome to pio.

My belief is that as long as you can get another 457 sponsor then you can 'swap'. But I'm by no means an expert so don't quite me on it! (I'm sure someone else more knowledgable will be along soon).

The other choice is to suck it up for another 9-12 months and see if your employer will sponsor you for PR then once you have that you're a bit more 'free' on the work front.

Good luck.

Yes you can change employers and occupation. However, if you do not have the experience in that occupation then it may flag to immigration that the nomination is not genuine - how can they justify employing someone without qualifacations / experience. Also, the new occupation must be on the SOL or CSOL. Have you checked if the sales role is?

My opinion is that the best way forward would be to apply for a skilled permanent residence visa then you can do what ever you want. It would take between 6-12 months

Archived