Not the only one

Helz980

Too right Bunbury! Nope it is probably one if the hardest things you'll ever do in your life and I can see why you would be totally ticked off with siblings! At least I'm an only child so it's all down to me - if I had sibs who weren't pulling their weight I would be ropeable!. I think we'll be joining you with the pint and pat on the back one day!

Went to Worcester the other day - seems very nice!

Worcester is a nice place to live quoll ......I work city and rural Worcestershire , and a pleasure it is to ....did you go to the cathedral ? .....its free and well worth a visit .

in relation to the siblings , they are on notice , the day we put mom in the ground , that's me done with them , no further contact .

My wife has had to carry a very heavy load , for a little un .....that wasn't in the contract !

I've kinda been in my own bubble, taking each day etc quietly counting down the weeks until I go home (albeit no flights booked yet) & I was talking to 2 of my expat friends & they broke down (seperately) about how they feel about oz & how desperate they are to go home but have been too scared to talk about it. I was in a shop being served by a woman who has been here for 42 years & said whatever you do follow your heart, I never did & now it's too late to go back.

It just goes to show how many of us poms just want to be back.

Very insightful comment. You are quite right I've known people who have moved all over and it's only when you move back from Australia that people can't believe it!

Personally I wouldn't stay anywhere I was miserable and I don't agree with hanging out the extra time to justify your decision. If your miserable in the early stages I don't honestly think it changes. You may be able to tolerate it but I doubt you'll go from miserable to happy. Do what makes you happy because life really us too fricken short to muck around and care what people think if you.

I too, am thinking of returning to the uk, which I still regard as home! I've been here 17 years & on the whole it's been great, have made some good friends, but now I'm on my own the pull of family is so strong. I've thought about it for a long time, I too may change my mind when I go for a holiday ( tomorrow!) I'm hoping my mind will be made up, as I don't want to be old here with no family! I've had enough sunshine to last a lifetime & Christmas here is not the same.....probably 'cos I'm not with family............I know I will miss my life here, but I don't feel this is for me anymore.

Archived