Quality of your colour copies??

jodipodi

Hi, just a small query but possibly important..... I'm just printing off colour copies of all documents in order to get them certified.....my printer doesn't seem to be putting much colour into the copies.....for example we have a change of name deed which is a yellowy colour but this hasn't shown in the colour copy. Do I need to go and find/buy a new printer...or did anyone else have this happen and VETASSESS were fine with it?

The black is slightly low....would that make much difference? Xx

I wouldn't have thought so - can you send one to another printer to see if comes out the same? or try printing something else with yellow on it to see if that does the same (least then you'd know whether it's the Vetassess document or your printer) x

All the documents are clear and readable but you couldn't put the original and the copy side by side and say 'yep, that's a good colour copy'. They're all pretty wishy washy, his degree transcript and certificate etc are the same....think I'll take it to the mother in laws and try her printer x

Hi, just a small query but possibly important..... I'm just printing off colour copies of all documents in order to get them certified.....my printer doesn't seem to be putting much colour into the copies.....for example we have a change of name deed which is a yellowy colour but this hasn't shown in the colour copy. Do I need to go and find/buy a new printer...or did anyone else have this happen and VETASSESS were fine with it?

Ummm... Are you sure you are the one that has to to the copies? Or the person who's certifying the copies has to do the copies actually? Because the second option seems much more legit to certify a document.

Ummm... Are you sure you are the one that has to to the copies? Or the person who's certifying the copies has to do the copies actually? Because the second option seems much more legit to certify a document.

I'll be taking the originals with me so the certifier can check against the copies... I'm just trying to get the hang of doing it on the laptop first...havnt got them certified yet though x

If the documents you're getting certified are for DIBP (rather than for skills assessment), they will accept colour scans of originals and they don't need to be certified. It sounds like your printer is a multifunction (i.e. with a copier/scanner)?

Some documents are designed not to copy well - both British and Australian birth certificates, for example. Some features copy but the bulk of the colour seems not to. If you are getting documents certified, they just need to have been obviously made from the original and have all the relevant details legible. You make the copies and someone certifies to say that they have compared the copy to the original. If it is sending an uncertified copy then you are charting new territory. I would assume a copy made in good faith would work and that if it wasn't good enough, they would ask for another copy.

Hi Jodi,

Can you try printing with atleast 300 dpi which will be pleasing on the eyes. Check if your print mode has "save cartridge" option selected and de-select it while printing.

I'm going to try what ArthurPendragon has suggested.... If I can work it out.....then if not I'll try the mother in laws, I suppose if they come out the same as mine then I can be assured it's just one of those things. The payslips and bank statements come out with plenty blue in them, but the reds and yellows of the deed polls and certificates not so much x

Archived