Bridging Visa E (051)

domado16

I wish to apply for a Resident Return Visa, my last one expired in 2009. I read a thread here about someone who arrived at the airport in Australia with an expired RRV and was granted a 30 day bridging visa to sort out the situation. Granted they were actually residents returning from a holiday, unaware that they needed an RRV, and its common sense that they would be allowed to re-enter to sort the situation out, given that they were absolutely eligible to get the RRV renewed.

From what I read about this visa on the immigration website:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/050-051.aspx

It would appear that if I entered Australia in my current situation, with the intention to apply for my RRV (perhaps even with the application ready and in hand), I could be granted such a visa too.

Would like to know what you guys think.

Thanks.

I wish to apply for a Resident Return Visa, my last one expired in 2009. I read a thread here about someone who arrived at the airport in Australia with an expired RRV and was granted a 30 day bridging visa to sort out the situation. Granted they were actually residents returning from a holiday, unaware that they needed an RRV, and its common sense that they would be allowed to re-enter to sort the situation out, given that they were absolutely eligible to get the RRV renewed.

From what I read about this visa on the immigration website:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/050-051.aspx

It would appear that if I entered Australia in my current situation, with the intention to apply for my RRV (perhaps even with the application ready and in hand), I could be granted such a visa too.

Would like to know what you guys think.

Thanks.

A terrible idea. It doesn't even make financial sense, you would be better off spending a few hundred dollars to try and get the RRV, than buying a flight and probably being stopped from boarding the plane.