Aphra

Jilldesp

Hi wondering if anyone knows the answer to my problem! I have a letter of eligibility from APHRA that will expire at the end of July. I was originally going to Oz on a sponsership visa but now going for PR visa. I am happy to travel to Oz before July to complete my registration, but wondering if I will b able to as I won't have visa until end if year. Do you think this matters? Plus I don't have a job yet as it's too early! I have asked them but still waiting on a reply! I don't want to go through the application process again cos it cost me a fortune; plus I've heard they r making it harder to register!!!! Anyone been in my position? Thanks xx

You dont need a visa to go over on holiday and complete registration..alot of ppl do that...but I have heard ahpra have changed so that now ppl dnt need to turn up in person and can do it online..you should ask ahpra if u can do that instead if you dnt want to visit aus

You dont need a visa to go over on holiday and complete registration..alot of ppl do that...but I have heard ahpra have changed so that now ppl dnt need to turn up in person and can do it online..you should ask ahpra if u can do that instead if you dnt want to visit aus

Oh really?! They said I have to present in person! If I don't have a response by Monday I will ring them again. The ID paperwork says u need a copy of your visa that's y I was worried. That is what I am waiting for a response on. It would b fab if I didn't need to travel there as I wud literally b going just to complete my registration!!! Thanks for your response x

• 2 months later...

Was wondering if you got clarification with presenting in person on a visitor visa. My LOE expires on 26 July and was considering presenting in person with visitor visa in Melbourne if it can be done. If it cant, it will need to expire and I will need to start process again!! Really don't want to do that :no:

Was wondering if you got clarification with presenting in person on a visitor visa. My LOE expires on 26 July and was considering presenting in person with visitor visa in Melbourne if it can be done. If it cant, it will need to expire and I will need to start process again!! Really don't want to do that :no:

hi yes I did travel to OZ and presented in person. They accepted my tourist visa, passport and hotel address as ID! I am now fully registered and have my certificate! Woohoo xxxx

Hi, can anyone help on my query about Ahpra?

We already have PR, house ready to sell and sorting removals!! But my registration still hasn't come through, I applied in October 2013 but they said as it wasn't processed in time it was transferred over to the new criteria which is a nightmare! I have been given 3 extensions now and they have asked for info on pharmacology of what I covered in my nurse training however it was 14 years ago and my uni have said we probably didn't even cover half of what they are asking for! I'm am soooooooooo stressed as due to move out to Perth in September. Has anyone come up against this?

Thanks

Hayley xx

Hi, can anyone help on my query about Ahpra?

We already have PR, house ready to sell and sorting removals!! But my registration still hasn't come through, I applied in October 2013 but they said as it wasn't processed in time it was transferred over to the new criteria which is a nightmare! I have been given 3 extensions now and they have asked for info on pharmacology of what I covered in my nurse training however it was 14 years ago and my uni have said we probably didn't even cover half of what they are asking for! I'm am soooooooooo stressed as due to move out to Perth in September. Has anyone come up against this?

Thanks

Hayley xx

Hi, I applied for my registration last year and got my letter of eligibility in The July. I have just completed my registration in Perth as the letter was due to expire in July and my PR is not complete. I didnt want to re apply as i heard the process was changing. Why dont you just send the transcript of your training to them and see what happens? The worst scenario is that you have to do a back to nursing course when you get there which i know is a pain. I dont understand why your application has moved to the new system? i didnt think it came in until tis year? Sorry cant be any more helpful. Goodluck1

Archived