Buying duty free

Danny842003

Don't know about Dubai, but when I transited at Singapore airport, I couldn't buy alcohol at the departing country, as singa doesn't allow to carry those with me. So I needed to buy at Singa. However, if you put alcohol in check in luggage, it was Ok. so check these condition too

I go through Dubai every month. Spirits are certainly cheaper. I can normally get a couple of litres for about the same as i pay for 1 litre in Oz. They will put them in a box and have them stored in the hold, so they come out with you bags. Perfumes and things can be good - look at the specials. I wouldnt bother with much else. Electronics are more expensive than Oz

I go through Dubai every month. Spirits are certainly cheaper. I can normally get a couple of litres for about the same as i pay for 1 litre in Oz. They will put them in a box and have them stored in the hold, so they come out with you bags. Perfumes and things can be good - look at the specials. I wouldnt bother with much else. Electronics are more expensive than Oz

Thanks do they do this in the store itself and just sort it all out for you?

I was only going to buy spirits the father in law to be english isn't the best so a few drinks together breaks the ice a bit. Ha

You will go through the checkout and just outside there is a stand, they normally direct you, but if not just get them to point it out. Just go over and they will do it and put it in a special box and put a customs security ring on the box. It seems to vary a bit as to if they take it off you there or at the gate. Last two trips they took it off me at the gate.

Archived