Fully Furnished Rental Required in Sutherland Shire

Scott2013

Hi,

We are heading out to the Sydney in August this year and have been trying to find short term furnished rental whilst waiting for our container to arrive.

I've looked at the normal sites, Seek, Domain, Stayz but can't really see anything apart from in Cronulla.

If anyone has any advice on their experiences or any other sites to look at it would be appreciated.

Thanks

We stayed with my aunty for a few weeks but then moved in to a flat with only a few blankets and bought as we went...we only had clothes shipped over. There is a great charity ship in caringbar selling furniture etc. we lived in cronulla. I don't remember seeing a huge amount of fully furnished properties in the shire, but that's maybe because I wasn't looking..have you tried gumtree?

Cronulla probably has a bit of furnished and short term accomodation because it is something of a seaside resort. Is it not suitable staying there? Where did you actually want to be in 'The Shire?'

The other possible alternative would be to rent a furnished place in the Sydney CBD/inner city area, and travel out to Sutherland area. It would be on the same train line as if you were in Cronulla, so whichever is closer to where you want to be, might suit you? I stayed in a place in Oxford St, Darlinghurst with my parents back in 1987 and it's still there, right near to Hyde Park.

A third alternative might be to stay in a 'pub' i.e. 'hotel', if you can find one, as they are usually cheaper than 'proper' hotels. I stayed at one in Lilyfield for a couple of weeks in 2010 whilst I was waiting to move back into my flat, and it was OK.

I might do a search myself, but I need to know where you want to be?

I forgot to ask what your budget is? I just did a Google search for hotels in Sutherland (the actual suburb, not the 'shire) and I see this pub does rooms, cheaper ones with shared facilities, dearer for ensuite, and for newer rooms.

TRADITIONAL ROOMS

from $80 per night or $400 per week with shared facilites, or

ensuite from $110.00 per night or $550.00 per week

8 rooms in the original part of the hotel.

* 2 single rooms and 1 double room which share bathroom facilities of 2 showers & toilets and 1 bath

* 5 double rooms all with ensuite shower & toilet (these are available with various double or single bed configurations).

NEW ROOMS from $120 per night or $600 per week

We have 6 newly built rooms; all include features as listed above plus:

Sutherland Room – Queen bed or 2 singles, ensuite full bathroom, microwave and sink

Como, Jannali, Gymea or Miranda Rooms – Double bed, ensuite shower & toilet, microwave

Cronulla Room – Large room with Queen bed or 2 singles, ensuite shower & toilet, microwave

Note: the Cronulla Room is suitable for disabled access with a stair lift to this 1st floor accommodation.

To make a booking:

Call us on (02) 9521 2315 within Australia or +61 2 9521 2315 from overseas

or email us at:info@boylessutherlandhotel.com.au

Hi,

We are heading out to the Sydney in August this year and have been trying to find short term furnished rental whilst waiting for our container to arrive.

I've looked at the normal sites, Seek, Domain, Stayz but can't really see anything apart from in Cronulla.

If anyone has any advice on their experiences or any other sites to look at it would be appreciated.

Thanks

As far as I can tell, most people do not find a short term furnished place whilst waiting for the container. Simply because, as you have found, there isn't much availability.

We booked a serviced apartment / hotel for five weeks, then we moved into our long term rental and did indoor camping until the container arrived. Airbeds, bought a new TV and placed it on a box, cheap crockery and cutlery set, bought new outdoor furniture as we needed it anyway and put that inside until we got the proper stuff. Indoor camping is very popular with new migrants.

:biggrin:

Archived