186 Direct Entry Visa

Huttu

I am in Australia and planning to apply for 186 direct nomination visa. But I need to start my job in July 2014. As it takes several months for the visa to be granted, can I start my job in Bridging A (which I will get after lodging visa application)? Also what happens if PR visa is rejected? How can I continue my job?

Thank you

I was on student visa but as I submitted my thesis, I switched to student dependent. My wife is planning to quit her PhD after I apply for the job. So for now I am in 574 Dependent.So the visa will expire after my wife will quit her studies.

Edited by Huttu

No it won't the visa will be cancelled if your wife quits her studies - and the bridging visa will also be cancelled, along with it. If you are a dependent on a student visa that is for phd then do you not have unrestricted work rights.

You will only go on the bridging visa a when your current visa expires not cancelled. Seek advice from a registered migration agent as you are digging yourself a hole.

I was on student visa but as I submitted my thesis, I switched to student dependent. My wife is planning to quit her PhD after I apply for the job. So for now I am in 574 Dependent.So the visa will expire after my wife will quit her studies.

In order for you to work, your wife needs to continue her phd studies. If she quits you will both be in a very bad situation of being of bridging visa E holders. This is not a bridging visa anyone would want to be on and it has no working rights. Carry on with the studies.

In order for you to work, your wife needs to continue her phd studies. If she quits you will both be in a very bad situation of being of bridging visa E holders. This is not a bridging visa anyone would want to be on and it has no working rights. Carry on with the studies.

Ok One more question ... I will apply for 457 visa and start working and my employer has nominated me for 186 as well. So can I apply for PR(186) once nomination is approved and continue working on 457 untill I get PR? Or do I have to wait for 2 years of employement to apply for PR after that?

I would get the advice of a good migration agent. There were quite a few people on the 187 timeline thread who were refused their visas as there is some clause saying you can't apply if you are the dependent on a student visa. I'm guessing it could be the same for the 186. There was NOTHING on the immigration website saying this for the 187. Better to get it checked before spending all that money, or apply for the cheaper 457 first and see how you go.

I would get the advice of a good migration agent. There were quite a few people on the 187 timeline thread who were refused their visas as there is some clause saying you can't apply if you are the dependent on a student visa. I'm guessing it could be the same for the 186. There was NOTHING on the immigration website saying this for the 187. Better to get it checked before spending all that money, or apply for the cheaper 457 first and see how you go.

Where did you read this thing that the dependent on student visa cant apply?

Do you have conditions attached to your visa??

Well I have 5 conditions

8201, 8104, 8501, 8516, 8518

But I don't have condition 8534 and 8535 where they don't grant further substantive visa.

So does that make any difference??