Need to fly to UK but my passport isnt going to be renewed in time

yodes

Hello all

I have left myself in a bit of a situation.

I am due to fly back to the uk on the 24th of april to see my dad who has been sick. I have sent off for my passport to be renewed recently but I don't think it will arrive back here in time.

What options do I have. I am travelling with my wife and 6 month old son who will be meeting my parents for the 1st time.

I really can not miss this flight.

Any help really appreciated

many thanks

carl

Is it an Australian or UK Passport? You can apply for Priority processing, which is done in 10 days for an Australian Passport, for an additional fee. I should ring the passport office and ask for that.

If it is a UK passport, I think the only way is to front up in person to the High Commission or Embassy nearest you (Canberra?)and apply for an Emergency Travel Document https://www.gov.uk/emergency-travel-document

Is it an Australian or UK Passport? You can apply for Priority processing, which is done in 10 days for an Australian Passport, for an additional fee. I should ring the passport office and ask for that.

If it is a UK passport, I think the only way is to front up in person to the High Commission or Embassy nearest you (Canberra?)and apply for an Emergency Travel Document https://www.gov.uk/emergency-travel-document

Its a UK passport. I am a British citizen living in Melbourne.

Is your Aus visa still current? If not you will also need to apply for a Residents Return Visa

I'm on a partner visa married to an Australian citizen. My residency doesn't come through until April 2015. Will that just be attached to my new passport?

As you know passports applications are now online and processed back in the UK, their site states it will take at least 4 weeks, it does seem they are sticking to this 4 week SLA, i have spoken to them 2/3 times over the past 10 days (i have now given up and am just waiting until Monday with is 4 weeks for us and tracking on their site). As Cliffy43 mentions you can get an emergency travel doc, my wife has spoken to a helpful lady in the Melbourne office and its quite feasible to get one for about 100GBP.

I think you still have to notify them of your new passport number so they can electronically attach your partner visa to your new passport iykwim. There is a form for that.

And if in doubt, take your old passport with to you show Aus immigration.