Life in the UK test

whichway1

I've just ordered the book as I need to do the test in a few months. There are some very hard questions of which everyone at work that I ask has no idea either what the answers are.

Wishing you all the best WB, IMO ridiculous that you are being made to go through it.

Quite frankly I would rather the UK be full of Aussies than the feckers we let in willy nilly.

Stupid stupid politicians and their numpty policies that no one wants....apart from the people, who don't have to live with them oin their own backyard of course:realmad:

Wishing you all the best WB, IMO ridiculous that you are being made to go through it.

Quite frankly I would rather the UK be full of Aussies than the feckers we let in willy nilly.

Stupid stupid politicians and their numpty policies that no one wants....apart from the people, who don't have to live with them oin their own backyard of course:realmad:

TBH I don't mind doing it, at least they are trying to get people to have some sort of understanding, but, I think all is shows is that you can read a book and do a bit of study really.

TBH I don't mind doing it, at least they are trying to get people to have some sort of understanding, but, I think all is shows is that you can read a book and do a bit of study really.

Loving your way of thing Wakey..

but weirdly enough I loved history lessons at school in the UK...even went on to do a A level in it.

But no....I'm not clued up enough to be a UK citizen :cry:

thank god for passports eh.....:wink:

My Aussie husband had to take this test before he got his British Citizenship in 2009. I'm so glad I did not have to take it! He studied the book every night after work for weeks and managed to pass Phew! At his Citizenship Ceremony he had to stand with all the other Citizens to Be and swear allegiance to Her Majesty."Thats bloody twice I've had to do that!"...He used to be in the Australian Navy.....

My Aussie husband had to take this test before he got his British Citizenship in 2009. I'm so glad I did not have to take it! He studied the book every night after work for weeks and managed to pass Phew! At his Citizenship Ceremony he had to stand with all the other Citizens to Be and swear allegiance to Her Majesty."Thats bloody twice I've had to do that!"...He used to be in the Australian Navy.....

Love it...did you take the Aussie one?

• 2 weeks later...

I got 75%

I think this is an extremely hard test for people who didn't grow up leaning about British history.

Edit to say: if a book is provided prior to the test then I would study it for weeks before and make sure I knew the answers!

Archived