What's the best way for my parent to move to oz permanently advice need

cowan86

Hi,

am in need of some help and lots of advice for my parent, to get PR in oz,

I have lived in oz myself and family for the past 18 months with PR,

my sister her husband and their 3 children moved over on a 457 visa and are in the process of paying to get PR,

this is is my parents second visit to OZ and they have decide that they would also love to move (very early days)

but we are not sure on how they can do it??

We have been told that they could buy a business employ x2 Aussies 4 2 years and get PR after that,

and also a so a parent visa??

if anyone could please give me some advice on the above 2 or another way it would be much appreciated!!!

thanks in advance

cowan86.

There are very few ways to be honest. Buying a business is really not a pathway for the average person, business visas are for people with a substantial track record of running a business. So it is down to parent visa and the biggest decision is whether to go for the contributory visa which is very expensive but relatively quick or the non contributory which is relatively inexpensive but takes a long time.

PS. That business strategy doesn't sound plausible to me - what is the permanent residency visa subclass number that is being suggested?

Am am not sure someone told me that they could buy a business employe x2 Aussies and after x2 years they would have PR, I just wanted to know if anyone knew anymore about it so I could research it and what it's called

By the time they get the ball rolling I would of been in OZ for 2 years with PR, would it be enough for me to be the only sibling out of x3 with PR (as I mentioned before my sister has been here since nov 13 and is on a 457 but is currently paying for PR)

Am am not sure someone told me that they could buy a business employe x2 Aussies and after x2 years they would have PR, I just wanted to know if anyone knew anymore about it so I could research it and what it's called

Please send a PM to me with your name and phone number/s if you would like me to telephone you to discuss visa options.

Best regards.

By the time they get the ball rolling I would of been in OZ for 2 years with PR, would it be enough for me to be the only sibling out of x3 with PR (as I mentioned before my sister has been here since nov 13 and is on a 457 but is currently paying for PR)

No, 2 of the 3 must be living in Australia as permanent residents to meet the balance of family test:

https://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/balance-family.htm

Best regards.

Thanks for the link Alan, some good information on there,

As a rough estimate for the contruborty parent visa how much for total cost do think it would be from start to finish, let's say next year??

thanks alan

Hi again cowan86.

My expectation is that we are going to see a stepping up in the 2nd VAC for CP visa applications in the near future, as there has been a change in legislation in the last few days that overcomes a technical deficiency that caused the planned increase last September to be abandoned.

That increase was looking to move the 2nd VAC from $42,220 to $48k, per applicant.

I can send a detailed Schedule of Costs to you based on the present VACs if you would like to advise your email address via PM.

Best regards.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you please send it to me as well?

I might be in the same situation soon.

Hi again cowan86.

My expectation is that we are going to see a stepping up in the 2nd VAC for CP visa applications in the near future, as there has been a change in legislation in the last few days that overcomes a technical deficiency that caused the planned increase last September to be abandoned.

That increase was looking to move the 2nd VAC from $42,220 to $48k, per applicant.

I can send a detailed Schedule of Costs to you based on the present VACs if you would like to advise your email address via PM.

Best regards.

Archived