Get Going Migration Agent

emmajep

Hello!

I'm a midwife embarking on the journey to getting a 189 visa and have just booked my IELTS.

I was just wondering if anyone has used Susan Johnson of Get Going migration agents?

I can find very little regards to reviews other than on their site, however am being drawn by their seemingly cheap fees... £1500 incl. VAT?

Any one used or heard of this agent?

Thanks in advance

Emma

Thanks, I'm so confused by the varying costs between £1500 and £3850! What should I be paying as a single applicant? MARA registered seems a very good suggestion.

I and a few of my mates used Concept Australia,Manchester and Kent(Chiselhurst i think),they are MARA registered,all of us got the visas,fees for a "cpl" are £1700 i think,initial consultation free afaik,very straight lads,they worked for aus embassy or immi for a lot of yrs too,worth a call anyway,staged payments as well,good luck btw

A registered migration agent must give you a service agreement before starting work, or at least before billing you. A service agreement must set out the costs and disbursements, professional fees, visa application charges and so on. As a matter of good practice will indicate all the costs involved even if not listing amounts explicitly; travel costs, medical, English test, supporting document costs, police clearances, document translation, settlement money, skills assessment and professional registration. There is not much point in starting a process you cannot afford to finish.

Emma,

as a tight bloke from up north I did it all on my own without an agent for our family. its straightforward just takes a little dedication and time spent researching, saying that we got it all done in 5months (190 visa). It means you can save a couple of grand and put that towards the actual move.

all the best

Thanks for the above advice. On balance, and on a budget, I think I'll see how far I get on my own and then seek to use an agent if it gets too complicated. Its just me, I know I tick the boxes, so just need to cross the t's and dot the i's I guess. CMF713 do you mind if I hit you up for advice if I hit any stumbling blocks? Also does anyone know any Midwives who have done it for specific advice with ANMAC bits?

Archived