moving to perth june/july

Eddie10

Hello... i am moving to perth with my husband and 2 children who are 9months and 3 years old.

we have been looking around the duncraig area as my husband will be working in belmont. any info on this area would be great?

as a mum i feel a bit worried about the flight with the children... any tips on how to keep them happy for the whole flight would come in very handy?

thanks xx

I don't know the area specifically, but I"m assuming you will rent initially, so use that as a good opportunity to look around the areas your thinking about.

I've found that within the same area, there are very different feels to streets even side by side, so you do need to look around to find somehwere you like. Also don't go by what others say, its so important that you want to be sure / happy yourselves.

Best of luck

Nick

Don't know what made you pick Duncraig if your hubby is going to be working in Belmont. It's a nice area mind you but a fair trip to Belmont every day. Nice parks, not too far from the Ocean, close to the freeway, decent public transport, shopping centres close by, not too far from the City, decent housing. Good choice.

I think the flight will be fine. The air hostesses are brilliant with kids and they generally find something to keep them occupied. The might sleep a lot of the way. June/July can be a bit cold and wet, it's just about the middle of winter in Perth. We have had friends out at that time of year though and they enjoyed it. As long as you know it's not going to be the best weather that Perth gets.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived