English test UK passport

Dean001

Thanks, my wife's test is today so wanted to be sure we have done the right thing.

This is what I read today.

How can I prove I have competent English?

To prove that you have competent English you must provide evidence of one of the following:

you have achieved a score of at least 6 for each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing) of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application

you have achieved a score of 'B' for each of the four test components of an Occupational English Test (OET) that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application

you hold a valid passport from the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland and you are a citizen of that country.

Hi,

if you hold a UK passport do you need to take the test?

I know people that have taken the test but I am reading UK passport holders don't have to.

thanks

d

It depends which visa you're applying for. I had a 457 then a 186 and never did an IELTS as a holder of a UK passport with a university degree

Hi,

if you hold a UK passport do you need to take the test?

I know people that have taken the test but I am reading UK passport holders don't have to.

thanks

d

If all that is needed is all 6s in IELTS to meet the minimum requirements, as the holder of a UK passport, you don't need to do IELTS.

If you need higher than 6s in order to get more points on the points test OR because your skills assessment organisation requires a higher score or if your sponsoring state requires a higher score, you must do IELTS (or OET is acceptable for some occupations).

Is your wife going to be the main applicant for the visa??

thanks is for all the advice, it's really kind. yes my wife will be the main applicant as my role is on the schedule 2 for WA. I've had a positive skills assessment but feel she is best to carry us forward.

here are the roles my wife falls under

Accountant (General)

Taxation Accountant

Hi Dean,

My DH (the main applicant) has applied as an accountant. He had to sit the academic IELT's :cute:

It may be worth noting (but not panicking) but accountant is flagged on the list - doesn't necessarily mean anything will happen to it, but I would lodge an EOI asap just in case :cute:

Best of luck :wubclub:

thanks is for all the advice, it's really kind. yes my wife will be the main applicant as my role is on the schedule 2 for WA. I've had a positive skills assessment but feel she is best to carry us forward.

here are the roles my wife falls under

Accountant (General)

Taxation Accountant

For skills assessment as an accountant, your wife will need a minimum score of at least 7 in each component of academic IELTS.

Did she sit the academic IELTS??

yes, mostly good but the speaking didn't go as well as hoped. The topics were plants, letters plus 1 other and she has no interest in plants but we will see soon enough.

Hi Dean,

My DH (the main applicant) has applied as an accountant. He had to sit the academic IELT's :cute:

It may be worth noting (but not panicking) but accountant is flagged on the list - doesn't necessarily mean anything will happen to it, but I would lodge an EOI asap just in case :cute:

Best of luck :wubclub:

thanks for the warning

Archived