Can a new business Sponsor an employee???

Fadi

Hi All,

I am just not been able to find proper answer to my query...

Can a newly formed business sponsor you ?

Let's say a new business is formed and registered in one of the Regional areas of Victoria, can it sponsor an employee?

If yes then what are the requirements apart from it being registered? One of my old colleague is considering to start a new agency business and she is keen on taking me on board, just want to ask if she can apply for my sponsorship so that I can ask her or else look for other alternatives?

Looking forward for some good suggestions and guidance.

Thanks

Yes, a new business can be a business sponsor under the 457 visa program.

It needs to be "lawfully operating" - so various documents and an ABN (Australian Business Number) will be needed.

As Joe Bloggs says, for a new business (established for less than a year) a 457 visa with a validity of 12 months will be the outcome. The Business would then apply for renewal as a business sponsor (demonstrating compliance with the training obligations that were part of the original business sponsor approval), and a 457 visa with a 4 year validity would be the most likely outcome.

You may then be looking at permanent residency under the Temporary Residence Transition stream of subclass 186 after working for 2 years on the 457 - with employer involvement again at p/r visa stage.

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Archived