Hello from Missiemo in Mount Martha

Guest Missiemo

Guest Missiemo

Well hello everyone, our container has arrived at last and we are now back on line, how humans coped without computers I will never no.

Well we have all settled very well, apart from the odd hiccupp which we expected we are all now living our dream to the fullest.

We spend most weekends down at the beach or walking around the many parks and forest looking for wildlife.

Yes Australia is all I expected it to be all but a bit to laid back sometimes.

If anyone out there needs any questions answered I will be more then happy to help.

Mornington is truly a beautiful place, reminds me a lot of home really.

We have travelled many miles in the car and done lots of exploring, still loads to see.

Weather at the moment seems very up and down, last week was beautiful and the temp' was 23 degrees most of the week, but to day is rain and 17 degrees, but we really need the rain, so not moaning.

Are renting a wonderful house which still seems empty even with our furniture now here as the houses compared to ours are rather on he large side.

Anyway would love to hear how anyone is getting on, and any questions please ask.

A big hello to all that have known me before I left.

Bye for now

Mo

x

Having followed your posts before you left I'm so happy to hear that you are settling in well and enjoying life..I was a bit worried that the silence meant things weren't so good. Now we all want to know how your daily life is, what the kids think, how hard it was to find a house, if anything is less good than you anticipated...well, the whole lot I suppose! Lovely to have you back on-line.

Nico

Guest stuckinblighty

Really glad to hear everything is ok.So you look like you've decided to settle in Mornington ?!? I may be wrong but were you not originally going to look at the point cook area? suppose plans can change when your actually there.

I hope Aus is worth all the aggro (TRA, visa applications,medicals,no job to go to,house sale etc)

Keep in touch

regards,Lee

Guest Missiemo
Really glad to hear everything is ok.So you look like you've decided to settle in Mornington ?!? I may be wrong but were you not originally going to look at the point cook area? suppose plans can change when your actually there.

I hope Aus is worth all the aggro (TRA, visa applications,medicals,no job to go to,house sale etc)

Keep in touch

regards,Lee

Hi Lee

Good to hear from you, yes we were heading for point cook but it was a bit to inland for us, we wanted to be close to the beach.

Have brought a large piece of land in Mount Martha which over looks the bay and you can see melbourne skyscapers, we will have a house designed and hubby will build it.

I do find it a bit lonely without friends, have met a few english mums but they all have there own busy lives.

Anyway hope all is going well for you

Take Care

mo

Guest stevensfamily

Hi Mo,

Great to hear from you. We are planning on moving to the Mount Martha Mount Eliza area. We have applied for a 139 Visa (1st June) hope to be over next year. Hubby in army (accounts) due out next year and I am a Chartered Surveyor, we have two children aged 10 and 7 so would like to be over so our daugter can start 2ndry school at 12. Have a cousin in Mornington although she is moving to Rosebud and an Aunt and uncle and three further cousins in Drouin (horse lover 10 horses loads of land). We came over last Easter, I have been several times but a first for the kids and hubby.

It is great to here that you seem to have settled so well and have bought land and plan to build. I would love to do that but we will also look for property but we have decided we would love a reasonable sized plot as we have lived on top of neighbours in army life for years so would like some space.

Would love to keep in touch, do you have children?

Cheryl

Guest Missiemo
Hi Mo,

Great to hear from you. We are planning on moving to the Mount Martha Mount Eliza area. We have applied for a 139 Visa (1st June) hope to be over next year. Hubby in army (accounts) due out next year and I am a Chartered Surveyor, we have two children aged 10 and 7 so would like to be over so our daugter can start 2ndry school at 12. Have a cousin in Mornington although she is moving to Rosebud and an Aunt and uncle and three further cousins in Drouin (horse lover 10 horses loads of land). We came over last Easter, I have been several times but a first for the kids and hubby.

It is great to here that you seem to have settled so well and have bought land and plan to build. I would love to do that but we will also look for property but we have decided we would love a reasonable sized plot as we have lived on top of neighbours in army life for years so would like some space.

Would love to keep in touch, do you have children?

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl

Lovely to hear from you, would be great to stay in touch and meet when you arrive.

We have three girls, Ages 11 , 9 , and two, need any help with schools just let me know.

Stay in touch.

Mo

x

Guest forshac

Hi Guys,

I wanted to let you know that we have also arrived and are settling...

Takes alot out of ya I can tell you, bit to early to say at the mo. We have been here for 1 month today! and our contaier arrived also today.

We are living in Narre Warren South which is really nice.

The only thing that is a real pain in the neck is that broadband is not available to us!!!!! This is where they appear to be behind very much so...

Anyway, let me know also if I can be of use to your questions...

:D

Guest Missiemo
Welcome back - how long did it take for your container to arrive?

It left UK end of June and arrived 8th August, with nothing broken.

So really pleased

Archived