Gumtree Jobs Offering '$1-5k a week'

parkyyyy

I've seen a lot of jobs advertised on Gumtree such as 'Data Gatherers' 'Appointment Setters' 'Sales' & 'Fundraising' mostly for Electrical companies, all offering good money with no experience needed etc etc

Has anyone had any experience with any of these companies? And is there really money to be made in these jobs?

Cheers,

I've seen a lot of jobs advertised on Gumtree such as 'Data Gatherers' 'Appointment Setters' 'Sales' & 'Fundraising' mostly for Electrical companies, all offering good money with no experience needed etc etc

Has anyone had any experience with any of these companies? And is there really money to be made in these jobs?

Cheers,

This could be door-knocking to generate leads for solar PV companies. It's not illegal, but mind numbingly depressing. I can imagine for the 5k you need to generate one sale per call.

If people could make 200k doing this job then there would be such a high demand for these jobs that they will start requiring experience.

So i'm guessing you would be lucky to make 30k

I suspect it is for door knockers to convince people to switch energy providers for Electricity and/or Gas.

If you are some sort of genius salesman that can convince hordes of people every day to switch then you might make a lot of money.

Or you might walk around all day and not convince anyone and not make a cracker.

This could be door-knocking to generate leads for solar PV companies. It's not illegal, but mind numbingly depressing. I can imagine for the 5k you need to generate one sale per call.

And if they are anything like the guy who tried to persuade me to make an appointment then they are a) full of sh!t b) know less about what they are selling than I do (and that's not much)

stock answer to these door to door people or the ones in the malls is, "sorry, I'm renting at the moment rather than getting drawn in to their sales pitches.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, i did a lot of work in sales before in australia, these jobs when you go to the interview will have a base wage of 200$ per week, but if you make x amount of sales you will jump up to 1500 a week. In reality 95% of people will never meet the sales target and will be closer to $200 than $1500

Archived