Advice required for migration

Anash54

Hi guys I'm very new to this and have never used anything like this before.

Let's begin I currently reside in Essex in the uk, I'm an electrician and have had my own business for 6years, I've been to oz twice on holiday and visiting family and absolutely love it, for me everything seems to click. I'm going to be back in Perth in October and am hoping to show my girlfriend what's on offer.

Anyway without talking too much, I've been trying to figure out what the best way to gain qualification is for me, I have all my city & guilds but understand I still need to obtain oz qualifications. I have done a tradeset survey and then went on the vetassess website and filled in everything but haven't sent it off yet as it's asking for money but I don't want to do that if it's not the right path.

any help would be much appreciated.

Guest Ryan the wizard of oz
Hi guys I'm very new to this and have never used anything like this before.

Let's begin I currently reside in Essex in the uk, I'm an electrician and have had my own business for 6years, I've been to oz twice on holiday and visiting family and absolutely love it, for me everything seems to click. I'm going to be back in Perth in October and am hoping to show my girlfriend what's on offer.

Anyway without talking too much, I've been trying to figure out what the best way to gain qualification is for me, I have all my city & guilds but understand I still need to obtain oz qualifications. I have done a tradeset survey and then went on the vetassess website and filled in everything but haven't sent it off yet as it's asking for money but I don't want to do that if it's not the right path.

any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Anash,

Yep Vetassess trade is the right way to go. It's the nominated skills assessment body that assess Electricians as well as many other popular trades. It's quite costly and I don't know what you're opinion is on using an agent but it's highly advised to use one. By obtaining a successful skills assessment from Vetassess you are taking steps towards having a case for permanent residency.

Something for you to think about is for your girlfriend to join you on this visa and get the same rights as you ie permanent residency, subsidized healthcare, access to education, citizenship after 4 years etc. Then you need to have 12 months evidence of living together. We have someone who has 7 months and we're preparing skills assessment etc whilst they continue to build up evidence.

The subclass for the visa types that would be best for you are the 189 visa and 190 visa.

Kind regards

If you decide to use an agent, make sure the person you're consulting (not simply some other person in the company they work for) is a Registered Migration Agent (RMA). RMAs posting on PIO are required to include their registration number in their signature. If there's no 7 digit registration number, they're not an RMA.

Thanks Ozmaniac & thank you Anash for your kind response,

When looking for a visa to Australia you definitely want to have a MARA agent processing the case (there are many "agencies" letting their clients down by using basic admin staff rather then the experts who know what they're doing.) I am not Expert Visas MARA agent as Ozmaniac felt the need to point out lol.

I'm don't I agree with this statement though "make sure the person you're consulting (not simply some other person in the company they work for) is a Registered Migration Agent (RMA)." Consultants in the UK are not only *legally* allowed to give advice but most importantly for us the consultant doesn't put together visa applications; it's finding out the needs, circumstances of an individual and establishing the best route for them and then letting the MARA agent get to work.

Doesnt that mean paying two people rather than one?

Good morning Anash and Gbye grey sky,

I actually chose to delete my posts because when you start talking about your own company it can be looked upon as advertising by the moderators. To answer your question in another way; it comes down to company structure and how that organisation operates. The idea of charging someone for an initial consultation to see if you can even help them in the first place without doing any work on their case doesn't seem right (in my opinion).

Again; yes you should make sure it's a MARA agent processing the visa application & I am not Expert Visas MARA agent.

I don't agree with Ozmaniac that "the person you're consulting (not simply some other person in the company they work for) is a Registered Migration Agent (RMA)." Consultants in the UK are legally allowed to give advice and as long as they're not the ones putting together visa applications rather focus on finding out the needs, circumstances of an individual and establishing the best route for them; I don't see any issue there.

I hope this response is sufficient for you all.

Kind regards

I stand by what I said. If a poster is not an MRA, their signature shouldn't lead people to believe that they are. Few newbies know the difference between a 'consultant' and a qualified RMA.

No problem,

I don't expect you to retract your statement. But why the hell you're suggesting that my signature leads people to believe that I am a MARA agent I don't know. It says "visa consultant" and there is no MARN number lol!?

Just understand that here in England, there are very informative and knowledgeable consultants who are trained by MARA agents to handle certain aspects of the business that they don't have the time do as they're focused on their main job.....**processing visa applications**

Let's not drag this out any further, I do appreciate your point and my questions were rhetorical you don't need to answer them.

If you decide to use an agent, make sure the person you're consulting (not simply some other person in the company they work for) is a Registered Migration Agent (RMA). RMAs posting on PIO are required to include their registration number in their signature. If there's no 7 digit registration number, they're not an RMA.

I totally agree with this. I had people working on my case who weren't rma who didn't know what they were talking about. The reason you are paying someone all that money is for professional advice.

If you had surgery you'd expect a dr to be doing it not a nurse, no matter how good the nurse might be.

The worst one I had from a visa consultant was when they were trying to arrange a phone appointment. They were in NSW and we were in SA. They were not Australian, and obviously clueless about the country as they told me the appointment would be a 3.30pm. I asked if that was their time or mine and they had no idea what I was talking about. I had to explain we were in different time zones. I asked from that point only to have the MARA agent work on my case (as this person had been).

How can someone have a full knowledge of visas if they don't even know Australia has different time zones? You are paying for expertise and I want to know an independent body has judged that person as proficient (not that all of those even are).

It's a real shame that you had to put up with that. I think we're ALL in agreement that only MARA agents should process visa applications. I spoke to a lady that made an enquiry on this site just wanting to confirm a few things and after assessing her the company she was dealing with don't use a Mara agent and gave her the wrong points, wrong government fees ; an absolute mess. I'm hoping some kind of legislation will come into play to protect people from this. Fortunately I was able to save her before she went with them but I know for certain there are many who don't get the right support.

kind regards

I don't agree with Ozmaniac that "the person you're consulting (not simply some other person in the company they work for) is a Registered Migration Agent (RMA)." Consultants in the UK are legally allowed to give advice and as long as they're not the ones putting together visa applications rather focus on finding out the needs, circumstances of an individual and establishing the best route for them; I don't see any issue there.

Ryan, can I ask this: when you assist a client and your MARA agent processes the visa application, who does the visa applicant list on their application form as the person who assisted them with completing the form? The correct answer it would seem should be you - as you help them to complete the form (or does the client ever deal directly with the registered migration agent?). If the client does not deal with the MARA agent but deals with you, then you should be listed in the visa application form as the person assisting them to complete the form, and then not tick the box which would suggest that the person providing assistance to complete the form was a registered migration agent. If the consultant who is not the registered migration agent assists the client to complete the application form, then the RMA's details should not be listed on the form as being the person assisting, as that is not correct and would be misleading the Department.

You may not want to answer this because it is enquiring in to your business practices, and if you don't want to answer it, I respect your reasons for not answering it, and the comments I make then are just me expressing a view on the hypothetical situation where a visa consultant who is not a registered migration agent assists the visa applicant to compete the forms and advertises that a registered migration agent "processes" the forms. In my view it would be inappropriate for a registered migration agent to submit a form to the department which states that they provided assistance to the visa applicant in completing the form, if the assistance completing the form was actually provided by someone else.

Ryan, can I ask this: when you assist a client and your MARA agent processes the visa application, who does the visa applicant list on their application form as the person who assisted them with completing the form? The correct answer it would seem should be you - as you help them to complete the form (or does the client ever deal directly with the registered migration agent?). If the client does not deal with the MARA agent but deals with you, then you should be listed in the visa application form as the person assisting them to complete the form, and then not tick the box which would suggest that the person providing assistance to complete the form was a registered migration agent. If the consultant who is not the registered migration agent assists the client to complete the application form, then the RMA's details should not be listed on the form as being the person assisting, as that is not correct and would be misleading the Department.

You may not want to answer this because it is enquiring in to your business practices, and if you don't want to answer it, I respect your reasons for not answering it, and the comments I make then are just me expressing a view on the hypothetical situation where a visa consultant who is not a registered migration agent assists the visa applicant to compete the forms and advertises that a registered migration agent "processes" the forms. In my view it would be inappropriate for a registered migration agent to submit a form to the department which states that they provided assistance to the visa applicant in completing the form, if the assistance completing the form was actually provided by someone else.

Lebourvellec, I see you liked this comment so may I ask your permission as a moderator to answer? Ultimately it will result in me talking a brief bit about how Expert Visas operates.

Lebourvellec, I see you liked this comment so may I ask your permission as a moderator to answer? Ultimately it will result in me talking a brief bit about how Expert Visas operates.

Many PIO and RMA that post on the forum would be interested to know. As some of what you have said on this thread contradicts what you have said in the past.

It's a real shame that you had to put up with that. I think we're ALL in agreement that only MARA agents should process visa applications. I spoke to a lady that made an enquiry on this site just wanting to confirm a few things and after assessing her the company she was dealing with don't use a Mara agent and gave her the wrong points, wrong government fees ; an absolute mess. I'm hoping some kind of legislation will come into play to protect people from this. Fortunately I was able to save her before she went with them but I know for certain there are many who don't get the right support.

kind regards

Ryan, you are missing (or perhaps evading) the point. When an intending migrant consults (and pays) an RMA, they (or at least the vast majority of them), are doing so to get expert advice from a fully qualified professional on the most appropriate visa and the right process to follow with the actual processing of the visa as simply the last stage in the process. To use Blossom79's nurse/doctor analogy, you don't go to the nurse for the diagnosis and treatment and then the doctor to simply write the prescription.

Ryan, you are missing (or perhaps evading) the point. When an intending migrant consults (and pays) an RMA, they (or at least the vast majority of them), are doing so to get expert advice from a fully qualified professional on the most appropriate visa and the right process to follow with the actual processing of the visa as simply the last stage in the process. To use Blossom79's nurse/doctor analogy, you don't go to the nurse for the diagnosis and treatment and then the doctor to simply write the prescription.

As one of the requirements for becoming an RMA is Australian citizenship, it seems unlikely that anyone who uses a UK based agency will be dealing directly with the registered RMA.

Killara to answer your..borderline slanderous essay. Like I've said already a zillion times. Our *Consultants* DO NOT process visa applications. So if I just take a segment from what you wrote...

"Ryan, can I ask this: when you assist a client and your MARA agent processes the visa application, who does the visa applicant list on their application form as the person who assisted them with completing the form? The correct answer it would seem should be you - as you help them to complete the form (or does the client ever deal directly with the registered migration agent?)."

You took it upon yourself to say; "The correct answer it would seem should be you - as you help them to complete the form" may I ask kind sir. How do you of all people who I have never met or spoke to know that *I complete any form????

Let me lay it out clearly for you guy's..it's not rocket science.

Example: Step 1: A person calls up looking for assistance with their visa application or to just ask questions.

Step 2: A consultant responds to this enquiry, to find out more about the persons circumstances and what we can do to help them.

Step 3: Consultation notes are sent in black and white included in our contract to the person for their security

Step 4: They're introduced to our MARA agent who asks further questions and confirms the consultants consultation notes with the client again to protect the client and make sure everything is accurate

Then guess what happens..............

Step 5: The MARA agent deals directly with the client and takes full responsibility of processing the case and the consultants involvement ends.

So let me make a final suggestion and if Andy is still around I would like him to answer this question.

What would you prefer? To pay a MARA agent who takes time away from his work (that you're paying for) to respond to general enquiries and make posts on blog sites. OR would you prefer that someone else does the leg work and the MARA agent focuses on doing what YOU pay him for..to process a visa application, because that's how we do it here.

Good night guys, it was a pleasure.

Step 5: The MARA agent deals directly with the client and takes full responsibility of processing the case and the consultants involvement ends.

So Richard Gregan, MARA agent 9905168 for Expert Visas (and for Overseas Emigration Ltd) handles the applications personally?

Wow Ryan, not sure where you got the slander part from (for starters it would be liable not slander) as there was nothing in that post other than questions about how it works on the official forms you send immigration. I have no idea why you took such offence to a perfectly valid question.

I will happily answer your question to Andy.

I employed a couple of agents and made enquiries of at least ten others while coming over here. In the end the one I chose to process my visa I chose exactly because he had taken time out to respond to people on forums. I could check up on everything he said, and it was all correct. There were MANY who were either wrong or vague. I liked that he chose to help people when he didn't need to, and wasn't too busy to do it. My instincts were right.

You obviously think your role is very important, but really, you are doing your company no favours by name calling and falsely accusing people of slander. If you want to create business for yourself then you need to project yourself as someone people would want to deal with, who doesn't make mistakes and have hissy fits.

Good night.

If I was dealing with an agent then yes I would like to deal with the organ grinder and not the monkey (as the saying goes) .. I would like to cut out the middle man.

My one observation regarding this thread is that you come across as rather argumentative Ryan - that can hardly do the reputation of the company or agents you work for any favours.

I've taken on your points guys, thank you.

The reality is; suggestions were made about our ethics and credibility and you surrounded like hyenas and you were fought of, now you're running away with your tail between your legs asking.."oh why are you so upset" or "oh Ryan you do seem quite argumentative." It's pathetic.

But to conclude. A wise man from the past said "any ignorant person that has argued with me, has won." With that in mind, my time and effort on this particular thread is done and I would like to wish you all a pleasant Sunday.

Kind regards

I've taken on your points guys, thank you.

The reality is; suggestions were made about our ethics and credibility and you surrounded like hyenas and you were fought of, now you're running away with your tail between your legs asking.."oh why are you so upset" or "oh Ryan you do seem quite argumentative." It's pathetic.

But to conclude. A wise man from the past said "any ignorant person that has argued with me, has won." With that in mind, my time and effort on this particular thread is done and I would like to wish you all a pleasant Sunday.

Kind regards

A happy Sunday to you too Ryan. What I do think you would be wise to remember is that both your and your company are guests of this forum and its admin (as we all are). If you find the membership pathetic - I'm sure there are other forums that would welcome your contributions.

Guest The Pom Queen
A happy Sunday to you too Ryan. What I do think you would be wise to remember is that both your and your company are guests of this forum and it's admin (as we all are). If you find the membership pathetic - I'm sure there are other forums that would welcome your contributions.

Ali what an excellent post. Unfortunately this isn't the first time it has been everyone else's fault. Ryan, can I ask why you are on the forum because from an outsiders view you seem to do more damage to yours and Richards reputation instead of actually building a good rapport up with members who could have been your future clients

I must respond to The Pom Queen but please after this do you mind just leaving it as I've explained how we operate so all the questions have been answered.

I'm on this site to advise people that are looking for help, not MARA agents, volunteer moderators or anyone else. All I want to do is speak to people who have proper questions to ask.

For your information as well, the last time this scenario came about when I first joined and everyone tried to jump in..the actual person who started the thread ended up using us **this is no word of a lie** he private messaged me and became a client. So to be honest NO our reputation is fine and will remain so, we just don't take certain assumptions and negative statements lying down.

Now; please respect that I don't wish to waste any more time on this particular subject; I have a life..i'm sure you do to.

Archived