457 to PR - Help please

Mullso

Hi All

Well later this year we will have been in Oz for 2 years with the same employer on our 457 Visa - I beleive that after 2 years we can apply for PR

So what would be the first step ? Contact my employer for support ? Contact a migration agent ? Go direct myself ?

Wonder if anyone out there has any advice regarding this ?

Thanks

After 2 years working for the same employer on 457 visa - you can go down the Transitional Route for Employer sponsored PR visa. Which basically means you dont need a skills assessment.

You still require a willing Employer, who will nominate you and meet the conditions for sponsorship.

There is no condition or requirement for employers to sponsor for PR after 2 years. If your employer says no - you will need to look at skilled migration if you wish to gain PR.

Hi All

Well later this year we will have been in Oz for 2 years with the same employer on our 457 Visa - I beleive that after 2 years we can apply for PR

So what would be the first step ? Contact my employer for support ? Contact a migration agent ? Go direct myself ?

Wonder if anyone out there has any advice regarding this ?

Thanks

First step is to do your research so you know what the process involves before you approach your employer.

Then it is a matter of discussing with your employer to determine whether they will support the application.

If you use an Agent, often the Agent will discuss with your employer and explain the process, as some employers believe that it is too complex and onerous on them.

Hi.. My employer is willing to offer sponsorship for my PR visa. Is it defo a minimum of 2years before I can apply?

Thank u in advance! :-)

we have been here 15 months and put in our own application in dec ( after being here 13 months), we are doing it ourselves, and ok - just the same as doing the 457 - but more info.....but we have case officer, and just need to do medicals, and then its all with them.......we paid using UK credit card, which means alot cheaper if we had done it last year...so bargain all in all

we have been here 15 months and put in our own application in dec ( after being here 13 months), we are doing it ourselves, and ok - just the same as doing the 457 - but more info.....but we have case officer, and just need to do medicals, and then its all with them.......we paid using UK credit card, which means alot cheaper if we had done it last year...so bargain all in all

Thanks, so your going down the direct route?

Is this visa still points based?

I looked at the 189 but I'll loose more points in June when I turn a year older. I really really don't want to do the Ielts test again!

Thank u!

Archived