Springfield lake & North Lakes

RNB31

Hi,

Can anyone give me any info on Springfield lake & North Lakes.

Are they good areas to live? Are the schools Primary and High good? Is there a lot of expats? How do you get form there to Brisbane city...is there a train station close or good bus service?

I'd expect at the distance it will take 30-35 min off peak and 60-75 mins at peak times to get into the city by car?

Thanks so much

It wouldnt take 75 mins to get to the city from Springfield via car unless the highway was blocked for some reason. Springfield has a new train station, so most transport options are available from there. I quite like the area, nic parks, decent shops and good schools.

If commuting to the city i would say Springfield would give you a shorter ,easier commute.

Cal x

Hey

Thanks for the info, thats good to know then it won't take as long as I thought so 75mins it the bad days you get now and again. Even better that there are transport links. What are the primary and high schools in the area?

I do prefer the look of springfield from what I've seen on websites and google.

Both are larger urban sprawls, but for me springfield would be too far out and hotter with fewer cooling breezes, it does have a new railway link and when the new road tunnel opens in a couple of years then the drive into the city will greatly improve.

Northlakes has a few poms there but it is a complicated estate to drive around, it is nearer the coast for the cooling sea breezez and near to Redcliffe which has some good beaches and a great children's water play area, it is right on the Bruce highway for driving into the city some 40min if traffic is good but more likely longer, and also to get to the Sunshine coast, it has no train station, however I much prefer the Mango Hill development which over the road from Northlakes this is getting a new rail line and station very soon, also this development seems a lot more user friendly for driving around

Sorry can not help you on the schools.

Thanks for the info, I had a quick look at Mango Hill and I will add that to the list looks nice and affordable too. Having the rail link it a big thing for us so I think I'll look more into those 2 areas.

Keep the info coming, and hopefully someone can help on schools

Can't say I have been to either, but I would probably prefer to be at North Lakes area from a driving perspective.

Redlands is another area popular with expats.

Info I have found on schools are

Springfield Lakes = Springfield Lakes state school (primary) then depending where you stay as a line is drawn through the middle and its either Woodcrest State College or Springfield Central state High School

Augustine Heights = Augusta State School then Redbank Plains State High School

I notice there is a Springfield Central State and Springfield Central State High Schol but not much to show on google maps on Springfield Central housing is this is the middle of development as I see there is also a uni?

North Lakes = North Lakes State College

Mango Hill = Mango Hill State School and then North Lakes State College

Alaska thanks for the info I will be looking at state school well to start with anyway

Lastonealive Ill have a look at Redlands

Hi! We live in Augustine Heights for 8 months now and loving it. My daughter goes to Augusta State School and it's a very good school. Its a private public school and they are just in their 3rd year I guess so their facilities are new. It only takes us 30-40 mins drive to city. I work at the city sometimes I drive sometimes I use the train. Shops are lovely so as the parks. More shops and cinemas are being constructed already at Orion Shopping center.

Thanks for that info. Do you know much about Childcare in the area I found the 3 below in the area, but not sure how long the waiting time is to get them in. Thats good to hear about the school

Early Learning Centre Augustine Heights, Kindy Patch - Springfield, and The Lakes Early Learning Centnot

• 2 weeks later...

Springfield lake would be the better option for us as it has rail link, and my wife can see part time jobs in her field in both Brisbane and Ipswich and housing is affordable, however reading some things on it and its looking like North Lakes is a more popular better area, would love to hear from more people in springfield lakes and north lakes to tell me a little more.

North Lakes has no train link until mango hill is open approx 2016? So would be a 8-10km drive to Dakakin or Petrie on top of train journey.

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Hi I moving to Slakes in couple of weeks and am looking fir new buddies,I am a clinical Nurse Consultant (mental health) ,really like to meet up with any takers,this our second year here but lived In Tamworth ,so really looking forward to been back in it.

Hi. Sorry haven't been on here for months but are you now in springfield lakes, I noticed you put you lived in tamworth is that tamworth nsw or tamworth in the uk as that's where I'm from. You wrote to me last year asking if I wanted to meet up would love to meet new people if your still interested I'm starting a new job next week at mater I'm done with ipswich I'm afraid. Tracy

Archived