461 Visa - new partner

Hi!

Just wondering if anyone has been through this situation before, it's a bit complicated!

I moved to Australia 3 years ago with my then Kiwi de-facto partner on 461 visa, we broke up about a year and a half ago and i know my visa is still valid as it's not predicated on us staying together. But, my situation has now changed, i met a new partner and we would like to move in together. My visa does stipulate that it is valid providing i don't start a new relationship with a non special category visa holder. She would like to sponsor me to stay in Australia as a de facto partner but, if we move in together my visa becomes invalid and we would need to be living together for a year to obtain de facto status and thus a permanent residency visa!

anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Hi!

Just wondering if anyone has been through this situation before, it's a bit complicated!

I moved to Australia 3 years ago with my then Kiwi de-facto partner on 461 visa, we broke up about a year and a half ago and i know my visa is still valid as it's not predicated on us staying together. But, my situation has now changed, i met a new partner and we would like to move in together. My visa does stipulate that it is valid providing i don't start a new relationship with a non special category visa holder. She would like to sponsor me to stay in Australia as a de facto partner but, if we move in together my visa becomes invalid and we would need to be living together for a year to obtain de facto status and thus a permanent residency visa!

anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Fromm what you have posted it looks as if you have been misinformed about the applicable visa conditions.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about your options?

• 4 months later...