Narrowing down places to live!

weaseltron

Hello all

So we are moving over to Sydney in around 6 months, I am trying to pin down an area to live - even if its only for the first 6 months.

We want ideally to be not much more than 30 minutes in the car from Bullecourt Avenue, Milperra and no more than 45 minutes on public transport from Parramatta/CBD for work reasons.

We dont know anything really about Sydney so maybe you could recommend a decent area to live, at least for the first few months while we get our bearings.

I have been looking at Strathfield/Homebush - are these decent areas?

To start with we are not that bothered about being near a beach etc but we would like a nice, safe area with shopping/restuarants etc. Budget around $500-$600 per week to begin with.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Strathfield is perfectly civilised and central to Parramatta and Milperra. Burwood is also good; it has a large shopping centre.

I wouldn't go west of Strathfield but you could also consider Concord. Concord has a nice Eat Street with plenty of cafes and restaurants.

Hello all

So we are moving over to Sydney in around 6 months, I am trying to pin down an area to live - even if its only for the first 6 months.

We want ideally to be not much more than 30 minutes in the car from Bullecourt Avenue, Milperra and no more than 45 minutes on public transport from Parramatta/CBD for work reasons.

We dont know anything really about Sydney so maybe you could recommend a decent area to live, at least for the first few months while we get our bearings.

I have been looking at Strathfield/Homebush - are these decent areas?

To start with we are not that bothered about being near a beach etc but we would like a nice, safe area with shopping/restuarants etc. Budget around $500-$600 per week to begin with.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Strathfield and Homebush are both fine, Homebush and North Strathfield have some cheaper options. Concord is a lovely area but more expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived