Haggling

DrNemo

We aren't particular hagglers in the UK with the exception of cars and possibly houses.

I get the impression that haggling is more widespread in Aus. I'm landing in a couple of weeks and will need to sort myself out with various white goods/sofa etc and was wondering what the deal was with haggling and if so is there anything specific to aim for? I will be heading to Hobart which doesn't have as wide a range of shops so I guess I may be more limited. Any suggestions?

My oh hates it but I love it. I used to like the east london markets......2 pand a bananas for a pand luv!!

I have never haggled anywhere and don't intend too as I am rubbish at stuff like that! Good luck though! Hope you get a good deal xx

Definitely worth trying. Harvey norman and good guys have always knocked money off when asked if thats their best price. Good guys even have a figure they can sell each item at which is below the ticket item. So if you ask, you get that cheaper price, dont ask and you will pay the ticket price.

Archived