Police check

Danny842003

So in the next few months I will be applying for a 300 subclass visa and am just trying to get ahead of the curve.

Exactly how do you go about getting the police check done? Google dosent seem to give me a straight answer and Im just trying to work out how much it will cost. I did search but I couldn't find anything on here much help.

Police checks are only valid for 12 months so it is best not to do them until the last minute., say a week before you send in your application
Yeah I understand that just trying to look in to everything so that I'm not caught out by anything. Thanks for the advise anyway.

IIRC medical and police checks are requested by CO about 3 months after lodging these days. You can submit your police check with your application but be aware this will only give you a very short time frame in which to enter Aus once your visa is granted (if the 300 takes the usual 8-9 months to grant). I'd double check and if it does not have to be included with your application, wait till asked by CO.

A bit off topic but once you apply for a visa is this case officer someone you can speak to directly about the application and your circumstances. Just theres a good chance during my application I could vanish off the surface of the earth for 3 months. Would be great if theres actually someone i can specifically talk to and let them know the situation.

A bit off topic but once you apply for a visa is this case officer someone you can speak to directly about the application and your circumstances. Just theres a good chance during my application I could vanish off the surface of the earth for 3 months. Would be great if theres actually someone i can specifically talk to and let them know the situation.

You have to inform your CO if you intend to travel etc and to ensure you give them a valid contact address/email/number etc where you can be reached. You will be assigned a CO and you would email them in the first instance (email is the best way to contact them) and they will contact you if need be. But don't just disappear without informing them. Especially not to Australia.

Hey Danny,

As others have mentioned before, just make sure that you are aware of the processing time for your visa. Normally, we would not necessarily recommend getting the police certificate prior to lodging the 300 visa because once the visa is granted you will have the "must enter before" date and this date is usually based on the validity of your documents. Hence, if there are any issues with the application or if you are requested further documents you may find yourself not having enough time to get your affairs in order or even having to apply for a new police certificate if the processing time takes longer than expected...

Other than that, just to re-iterate what others said, you need the ACPO Police Certificate, the information you need is on their website.

And whatever you do, make sure your Case Officer can contact you at any time after you lodge the application :biggrin:

Cheers!

MARN: 1275878

Crossing Borders - Australian visa and immigration solutions

https://www.crossingborders.com.au

So in the next few months I will be applying for a 300 subclass visa and am just trying to get ahead of the curve.

Exactly how do you go about getting the police check done? Google dosent seem to give me a straight answer and Im just trying to work out how much it will cost. I did search but I couldn't find anything on here much help.

And whatever you do, make sure your Case Officer can contact you at any time after you lodge the application :biggrin:

Cheers!

Thanks for the advice, i don't know if you read all my posts but the being contactable is sadly probably not going to be possible and I really hope that fact is not going to cause massive issues.

Thanks for the advice, i don't know if you read all my posts but the being contactable is sadly probably not going to be possible and I really hope that fact is not going to cause massive issues.

Hi Danny,

I noticed this would be an issue, make sure you at least have someone you trust checking your emails like your fiancee as mentioned (you definitely want to become aware of any document requests or such that always get sent with a deadline!).

:cool:

Either way, good luck with your application!

You will have to explain to your CO and ensure your fiancée can at least access your emails. Make sure you provide all your evidence so that nothing is missing. And discuss ASAP once you are assigned a CO about when to take a medical as it may be they will let you do one early before you go for 6 months or are happy to wait till you get back. But if they don't know and you are not around to do it when they ask, you may be a bit stuffed. So tell them and try to arrange a timeframe. Doing it early won't matter as you are doing your police check. You will have a shorter time frame in which to enter Aus once visa is granted is all.

Check there is not somewhere on the application form you can make a note about your situation.

You will have to explain to your CO and ensure your fiancée can at least access your emails. Make sure you provide all your evidence so that nothing is missing. And discuss ASAP once you are assigned a CO about when to take a medical as it may be they will let you do one early before you go for 6 months or are happy to wait till you get back. But if they don't know and you are not around to do it when they ask, you may be a bit stuffed. So tell them and try to arrange a timeframe. Doing it early won't matter as you are doing your police check. You will have a shorter time frame in which to enter Aus once visa is granted is all.

Check there is not somewhere on the application form you can make a note about your situation.

Thanks for the reply how long do the medical and police check last? (am i right in thinking this is what dictates your enter date?) I submit my notice in July so i be out the very start of next July. I plan on applying at the end of this July. I will very much be trying to get as much sorted before (if) I go away. Thankfully its not 6 months, 3 months away is more than enough for anyone :).

Archived