Jump to content

Help! Working holiday visa - What travel insurance should I get?

Fi Dunphy

Recommended Posts

Hi Poms in Oz!


I'm excited to be moving to Melbourne next week on a 12-month working holiday visa... However, I'm a bit confused as to what kind of insurance I'd need when I go out there. I've been told I'd need an annual policy, however have found that a lot of these limit trips to 31 consecutive days three times a year.


I've spoken to one person who said that she was landed in serious debt when she was living out there and broke her arm, because she didn't buy insurance before she went out.


Can anyone help? Thanks!



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Fi and welcome to the forum. I have moved your post in to the WHV section of the site, here you can find job vacancies etc and info about hostels, etc.

in regards to insurance there are a few companies who can help! one that springs to mind is http://www.go-walkabout.co.uk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You want backpacker insurance not annual. Google backpacker and you'll get loads of results :)

id suggest getting one that covers some work and recreational sports (I.e swimming in a pool, beach kick about) as some don't insure you unless you're practically standing still in a Locked room when you look at the ts &cs

also check the excesses, not point paying £100 to claim for a used £120 camera and so on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...