claiming 5 points for partner skills on a 190 visa

Sharon taylor

trying to squeeze the extra points needed for getting to oz!!, i qualified last year as a hairdresser and wondered how i can use the "partner skills" to gain the extra 5 points, how do i get my skills assessed and what type of proof would i have to provide, my husband has already been successfully assessed as a bricklayer but as we are over 40 it gets harder to get the 60 points required, we are looking at a 190 visa with state nomination, really hope someone can help, thanks

• 1 year later...

Dear all,

Could you clarify some details related to the partner skill qualifications for skilled nominated visa subclass 190? I have positive skill assessment (more than 3 years work experience) from Vetassess. Also, I have IELTS (more than 6 in each band score). My partner got positive full skill assessment from Vetassess (same occupation as I am) of 2 years work experience. Is this 2 years of work experience enough for 5 points for partner skill qualification? Would the Department for Immigration and Border Protection accept two years of working experience for partner skill qualifications?. My partner also have IELTS test (more than 6 in each band score). We are both in age group 25-32.

Factor (Points)

Age (30)

English (0)

Skilled employment (5)

Qualifications (15)

Partner skill qualifications (5?) *Victoria state

Nomination by state (5)

= 60

Thank you for your time

Dear all,

Could you clarify some details related to the partner skill qualifications for skilled nominated visa subclass 190? I have positive skill assessment (more than 3 years work experience) from Vetassess. Also, I have IELTS (more than 6 in each band score). My partner got positive full skill assessment from Vetassess (same occupation as I am) of 2 years work experience. Is this 2 years of work experience enough for 5 points for partner skill qualification? Would the Department for Immigration and Border Protection accept two years of working experience for partner skill qualifications?. My partner also have IELTS test (more than 6 in each band score). We are both in age group 25-32.

Factor (Points)

Age (30)

English (0)

Skilled employment (5)

Qualifications (15)

Partner skill qualifications (5?) *Victoria state

Nomination by state (5)

= 60

Thank you for your time

For partner points a positive skills assessment is required, which you say you have? Plus other criteria like English and age need to be satisfied. Additional work experience doesn't come into it.

For partner points a positive skills assessment is required, which you say you have? Plus other criteria like English and age need to be satisfied. Additional work experience doesn't come into it.

Yes, for both of us we got positive full skill assessment from VETASSESS. OK, thank you very much Bungo. Also I understand in that way.

Archived