457 visa

PeteNAmanda

hi there we are new to this forum but been reading a lot of posts over the last couple of weeks! We are just going through the process of a 457 visa! Our new employer is tearing his hair out trying to get all their info for the ma but we av been told should all be ready to submit this week! Has anybody submitted recently and does anyone have any advice on timescales many thanks x

Hi there,

we submitted last week for nomination and visa, our MA said roughly 3-4 weeks (Melbourne) I hope she's right! Where you heading? My BF is being transferred on promotion so we are hoping its as straight forward as possible as they want him in March.

Is your employer already SBS?

Hi

We went through the 457 visa process Nov 2012 my OH company applied for our 457 visa and it took 5 days to come through!. The company are very experienced in completing the 457 process but we were told it would take 4-6 weeks and were shocked to see it come through so fast! Hope it processes quickly for you.

Thank u for yr replies wow a lot got them real quick our ma is saying 4 to 8 weeks! I guess u all know what I am saying when I say I can't bear the waiting!! It's been going on for what seems like forever collating all the paperwork needed well mainly on the employers part for the sponsorship!! We are heading to cairns my hubby as secured a job offer that we just stumbled across on the internet back in November! Where are you heading Kessles?? Wd b nice to keep talking to u all as we are all in same position x

Hi if all goes to plan we are heading to Melbourne! Yep the wait is torture but it's worse once all documents have been submitted

cos all you can do is wait! Fed up looking at jobs and properties as too early for that. I set uup an email

alert

from immi so when our status changes we receive an email alert,

nothing obsessive about that! We decluttered our flat too so we are almost ready to pack up. Fingers crossed for us all

have you been to cairns? I lived and worked there when I did whv years ago lucky you!

Never even been to oz at all!! Family have but we haven't it looks beautiful n we can only try n make it work! We have two children age 11 n 6 n the schools seem amazing hoping it's going to change our life for the better! We are in the same position we are hoping to be out there beginning of April ready for the kids to start school in time for the second term starting in April! We are also looking at properties our house is on the market had loads of viewings bit no offers as yet so maybe renting it out! Haha I get the emails alert that will be is we have it set in for hubby's new employer and our ma so far!! What are your plans? Will u give notice with jobs house etc when yr visa is granted n head out there straight after ? We thinking of staying in a hotel for first two weeks when we get there and then hopefully find somewhere to rent in that time!

hi there we are new to this forum but been reading a lot of posts over the last couple of weeks! We are just going through the process of a 457 visa! Our new employer is tearing his hair out trying to get all their info for the ma but we av been told should all be ready to submit this week! Has anybody submitted recently and does anyone have any advice on timescales many thanks x

Hi there.

My timeline (for application to Melbourne) is below - Kezzles and I have been keeping each other up to date on our progress (both in terms of the visas and our growing levels of obsessive behaviour), glad to have some more people on the crazy train! :biggrin:

I know exactly what you mean about the employer part being a pain, my company in Melbourne took over 2 months to get everything sorted out and submitted - most frustrating time ever!! It will all be worth it in the end though...

All the best!

Haha I am defo on that crazy train! Can not think of anything else!! Just looking at your timeline would you be able to explain it to me if you don't mind! Does all three applications go in together I.e sponsor nomination and visa or do you have to wait for one before the other? I was under the impression they all go together!! I hope u get good news very soon! We have been told by our ma we won't need medicals! Hope this is true!

Welcome aboard!

No problem - we submitted the company part first while we sorted out the remaining bits and pieces for my application (my contract needed finalising, references from previous employers etc.). You can submit them all together BUT they won't look at the nomination and your application until the business has been approved as a sponsor, so the sooner they can get that bit in the better.

Medicals depend on your personal circumstances for those jobs that don't require them as standard (healthcare, teaching that kind of thing all need medicals). I was asked to do one because I declared a pre-existing condition that they wanted some more info about but it was only a standard medical, no xrays or bloods, took about half an hour and cost £90 so not too bad.

Hope that helps.

I'm really hoping my visa comes through this week - I'm meant to be going in 3 weeks but can't make any firm plans until the damn visa comes through! It is the most frustrating process I've ever been through!

Hello I'm planning to resign which scares me to death as I have a great job and the prospect of job hunting fills me with dread. luckily my notice period is only 4 weeks so as soon as visa arrives in my inbox so does my resignation! We rent so need to give two months notice so could mean we lose deposit or ask BF employer to cover that cost(if they want him in march then least they can do)

we will arrange a short term rental for around 4 weeks while we hunt a flat out and suss out areas to live.

You will love cairns fab weather, GBR on your doorstep, you must go north and visit cape tribulation.

@amy hopefully you will hear this week I've marked my diary at work counting down weeks from visa lodge day! I've listed all our worldly possessions to ship and biggest to do list ever!

Glad we are all in same boat to keep ourselves sane...maybe :chatterbox:

Will keep my fingers crossed for u! Once the visa comes it will be go go go! Thank you for explaining that think I understand it ha! It's so hard keeping it quiet I can't keep anything quiet so a lot of ppl know and now am getting so what date you going and I'm like WE DONT KNOW!!

I am am not looking forward to the whole searching for a new job either knowing absolutely no one but do consider myself very easy to get along with so hoping it's going to b easier than we think!

Hello I'm planning to resign which scares me to death as I have a great job and the prospect of job hunting fills me with dread. luckily my notice period is only 4 weeks so as soon as visa arrives in my inbox so does my resignation! We rent so need to give two months notice so could mean we lose deposit or ask BF employer to cover that cost(if they want him in march then least they can do)

we will arrange a short term rental for around 4 weeks while we hunt a flat out and suss out areas to live.

You will love cairns fab weather, GBR on your doorstep, you must go north and visit cape tribulation.

@amy hopefully you will hear this week I've marked my diary at work counting down weeks from visa lodge day! I've listed all our worldly possessions to ship and biggest to do list ever!

Glad we are all in same boat to keep ourselves sane...maybe :chatterbox:

Hey Kezzles

Definitely ask them to pay the rent/deposit, it's a standard cost of relocating - my company would have been paying 2 months rent to cover my notice period if we hadn't decided to risk it and given notice anyway (now slightly panicking as have to be out by 28th Feb -come on visa!!) It's worth a try, and my relocation manager said it's really common so it shouldn't come as a shock.

My to do list is growing daily, every time I cross something off I think of two things to replace it. Not sure how that's even possible!! Figure I'll just keep plodding through it and what doesn't get done by the time I go will just have to be sorted out from the other side of the world. No big deal! :err: Thankfully my worldly possessions don't amount to much (shipping company came back after their survey with "well you're well within your allowance, sure you don't want to take anything else?") but trying to find the time to price up the replacement costs for what I am shipping is proving tricky!

Sanity is long gone for me, I hope it's already emigrated and I'll catch up with it when I get there.

@PeteNAmanda - I am sure you will love Australia. I went to university in Perth for a year several years ago and loved it, we went to Queensland for the Easter hols and it was beautiful. Cape Trib is a great tip - it's pretty steamy and humid up there but it is an amazing place. The Atherton Tablelands are also worth taking the car for a spin around (some of the roads are a little scary but you get used to it) and Cairns is great fun. Port Douglas is also a pretty cool place to go for a wander around. So many places! Make the time to go exploring and enjoy it.

I know I get asked everyday!

An ex colleague arrived in Adelaide this month and got HR job within two weeks plus two other job offers so I'm hoping ill strike lucky too. I have 10 years HR experience and plan to do some e-courses on the legislation as soon as visa arrives. I did ask my bf if I could be a lady of leisure for a while but he threatened me with pocket money so I thought better of it! We have family and friends in all the major Aussie cities except melbs, typical! All part of the adventure!!

Will keep my fingers crossed for u! Once the visa comes it will be go go go! Thank you for explaining that think I understand it ha! It's so hard keeping it quiet I can't keep anything quiet so a lot of ppl know and now am getting so what date you going and I'm like WE DONT KNOW!!

Thanks! Yep, going to be utter chaos. :-)

Basically, just get everything in as quickly as you can and then just try not to go insane waiting. We were told to expect 8 weeks for the business sponsorship approval so when it came through in 6 we were pleasantly surprised. That needs to be in place before they'll allocated a case officer to look at the nomination and your application, but that doesn't mean you can't lodge them and have them ready and waiting.

All my friends and family know, as do all my colleagues so I get a daily barrage of "are you still here?", "when do you leave?" and "what country are you in now?" I can't wait for the day when I can actually give them a date! In the meantime I'm cramming in lots of farewell drinks and dinners in case I don't get a chance once the craziness of actually getting ready to go kicks in.

My shipping thing is a bit of a joke so you probably won't want to take any tips from me - the shipping company is in California, have to use them as a preferred supplier of our US-based relocation company. So my relocation manager (in Brisbane) instructed the California shipping company, they sent a guy from a relocation service based in London to do the shipping assessment, who confirmed that my shipment will go from Southampton (i.e. about 2 miles from my house) but will be organised by the people in California and packed by the Londoners. Utter insanity.

If it was my choice I'd probably go with a movecube from Seven Seas as I don't have a lot of stuff and they've had some really good reviews on here.

Thanks for all info glad I posted on here now! We didn't know that the company sponsorship had to be done first so hopefully will all be submitted this week! We have provided everything we can! Can't wait for this process to be over!! The time difference makes it so much harder wake every morning hopeful for news! Now just for our house to sell! Will keep looking out for when u get yr visas both of you hope it's soon!

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

MY VISA HAS ARRIVED!!!!!

Had an email from my MA earlier this evening to say it's been granted!!! I am so excited but sooooo freaked out by how much I have to do!! Will hopefully get a flight booked tomorrow and then the mad panic can begin. Hooray!!!!

Fingers crossed this means the rest won't be too far behind for you guys! :-)

Archived