are jobs removed from csol?

jameskristie

Hi,

I apologise if this has been answered before, I have seen many posts about occupations being flagged or removed from the sol list but is it the same for the csol list? my field is telecomunications so i would have thought at present i should be safe enough but obviously it's a concern.

Cheers James.

http://www.anzscosearch.com/latest-updates/

This site will give you the updates. Yes the list changes and occupations are added and removed along the way as they keep an eye on the local job market and how its going along. An occupation like a teacher was once always on the list but because we had a shortage they upped the places at the universities and now we have plenty of teachers.

It differs from State to State so depends where you are going or thinking of going. Best to keep a look at the list and if you are on it put in an application as quickly as you can.

I would echo what petals says. Occupations do get removed, so if your occupation is on the list it is better to apply ASAP rather than hesitate. My OH's job was taken off the list about 2 months after we put our 856 PR application in. If we had waited we wouldn't have been able to apply! All was good though and we are now citizens!

The occupations on CSOL are more likely to be removed than those on SOL. SOL is for entire Australia, it changes on 1st of July every year.

Occupations on CSOL depend on every State policy, and the States change their list more often. It is even possible to have an occupation listed on CSOL, but no State to sponsor it.

The occupations on CSOL are more likely to be removed than those on SOL. SOL is for entire Australia, it changes on 1st of July every year.

Occupations on CSOL depend on every State policy, and the States change their list more often. It is even possible to have an occupation listed on CSOL, but no State to sponsor it.

You are incorrect. The CSOL is Australia wide. The state lists which are the list each state is willing to sponsor for jobs on the CSOL are state based.

For the OP. Yes, things move on and off regularly and people have been caught out.

Archived