How much do we need?

Rachandian

How long is a piece of string?lol Seriously do you have work already lined up?If not how long are you anticipating it to be when you do get a job?I would advise if you have a fairly large amount of money,that you open bank accounts before you leave if you are able to?There is a section on banking on PIO.How much money you need will depend on several things.Do you have somewhere to stay?With family,friends?Or are you planning to rent?Move around?More details please!:cute:

How long is a piece of string?lol Seriously do you have work already lined up?If not how long are you anticipating it to be when you do get a job?I would advise if you have a fairly large amount of money,that you open bank accounts before you leave if you are able to?There is a section on banking on PIO.How much money you need will depend on several things.Do you have somewhere to stay?With family,friends?Or are you planning to rent?Move around?More details please!:cute:

Lol.. I thought the authorities say you need a certain amount to gain entry to their country. We are staying with family when we arrive then moving into an apartment share for a month then going to sydney and look for work. Im a fully qualified hairdresser and my partner is a pipe fitter / welder so looking for work in them fields :)

You should take as much as possible. It's not cheap and work may not happen, even casual work may be hard to come by. Have funds to fall back on and pay rent and livings costs. Having the $5,000 each would be sensible. Plus a return ticket or access to funds for a return.

Great thanks for your help... Going to get cash, a currency card and then transfer some over to australian bank account the week we leave...

we leave uk 20th feb.... So exciting I just don't know we're to start with packing.. I just want to take everything lol

From past experience, I wouldn't take everything with you! I literally packed everything! and boy, was that a mistake, I wore pretty much the same thing all the time, (switching from a couple of others to wash) my bag was the weight limit, like 20kg or 25 :S i cant remember, but it was heavy and when your walking around a town in Asia in the blistering heat, it was a killer. So this time round to Aus, im packing barely anything :)

It's exciting isn't it.... We have had to rent our house out to be able to have this experience so we have chanced a lot... Hopefully when it comes to packing I will not put everything in...lol.. I am a girl after all though... Anyone off the gran prix and future music festival in melbourne ??

We leave in 2 weeks, im just itching to pack, but no...its too early to pack, but i want too, i just cant wait :D I have managed to save about £6500 up, but im afraid it will just vanish before my eyes :(, gotta be clever about it, we are buying a campervan when we get out there, so its travel and accom in one, we are gonna travel, work, travel, that kind of thing!

Good, yeah we booked a hotel for 2 nights, to settle after long flight, we then looking for a camper, do a bit of travelling for a few weeks then look for work, il more than likely call around before i actually want to start so im sorted for when i stop 'travelling' and start working.

ha! no way will i take 30kg, im taking 3 shirts, 2 pairs of shorts and....emm, a camera. :)

For the girls- Don't bring loads, I wish I hadn't as much as I did and I was being good! You can get shorts and vest tops etc for next to nothing, clothes aren't as expensive as I expected and since it's all chucked in the wash together and probably tumble dried you don't want expensive stuff. On that note, don't bring one or two white or red things that need washing separately or you'll never wash them. You only need a pair of flip flops, pair of runners and something a bit dressier for foot wear too.

But.....I didn't bring heels, hairdryer, jewellery or proper perfume, as I thought it was heavy so a waste but then went out and got it here because I missed it and was fed up of feeling grubby (not the heels actually, but I probably will!) So basically, bring less clothes but don't be mean on yourself with items that you realistically can't do a year without. I say, if you use it more than twice a week bring it, otherwise leave behind (so no I don't need hair tongs, styling products, intensive conditioner but I do need shampoo, conditioner and a brush!).

Also, make-up is expensive. Don't bring loads as You'll probably find you wear less but bring new ones of anything you use a lot rather than old ones and run out.

In general I've found/noticed...

Expensive - foundation, general make up but you can find deals on high st brands, dry shampoo, allergy relief tablets and general pain Killers, antiperspirant spray (hard to find solid stick style ones), skincare

Cheap- sun lotion, shampoo, conditioner, showergel, soap, manicures

Archived