Facebook Changes again

Petals

I don't think so. I can see what my friends have 'liked' or commented on their friends' stuff, even if I'm not friends with them.

Double check this as I have been really careful with my settings and making sure the people I want to see, see things and those I don't, don't. I have been monitoring it via the sidebar and it seems to hold up - the stuff I can see is "friends of friends" or "public" or someone has been actually tagged.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would like to know that, or how to separate friends, acquaintances and family, so that not everything is broadcast across a large network of people. I'm even considering setting up another FB just for close friends and family, however, like you say everyone can still see.

Create a group called 'restricted' and bung all your not quite so friendly friends in it. Then when you post, you can set it to 'Friends' except Restricted.

P.S. You're not in my restricted group :)

Double check this as I have been really careful with my settings and making sure the people I want to see, see things and those I don't, don't. I have been monitoring it via the sidebar and it seems to hold up - the stuff I can see is "friends of friends" or "public" or someone has been actually tagged.

What about what other people can see of yours?

Same applies as far as I can work out. I also use the tool when you can see what the public can see on your page, for example, to make sure it's watertight.

I've got my page set to private, but will have another look at trying to restrict what my friends' friends can see

Double check your settings are definitely friends, not friends of friends too. Like I said as well, as soon as you tag someone else, it becomes visible to their friends.

Have a look at your sidebar and what you can see and the settings other people have that are visible to you, to see if my theory holds up!

Guest The Pom Queen
Create a group called 'restricted' and bung all your not quite so friendly friends in it. Then when you post, you can set it to 'Friends' except Restricted.

P.S. You're not in my restricted group :)

Is there a way to create a group called ssshhh I'm sulking with you :tongue:

Seriously when you have a minute can you come behind the scenes and show me what to do pretty please.

Guest The Pom Queen
Why can't you close your fb account and send emails to each other?

It would be so much easier wouldn't it lol :yes:

Although a lot of people don't know how to use emails :no:

I hate it when a big multi million dollar company cc everyone in to an email instead of bcc'ing :no:

Is there a way to create a group called ssshhh I'm sulking with you :tongue:

Seriously when you have a minute can you come behind the scenes and show me what to do pretty please.

Kate, just click on "Friends" on the left hand side on your home page. Then "Create list" and add the people you want. Then when you post you need to select that list to see it (just at the bottom of the post).

On Facebook, all of my setting are set to Friends, but it annoys me that their friends can see my pictures if they like them, and vice versa, and comments etc. How is that keeping privacy between my friends? Does anyone know how it can be set up so it is literally just friends?

In my previous post here (first page) I kinda mention about it. I set up a private group (only friends I add see the content, none of this showing up in friends of friends news feeds) and it can't be searched for by weirdos either. ;-)

In my previous post here (first page) I kinda mention about it. I set up a private group (only friends I add see the content, none of this showing up in friends of friends news feeds) and it can't be searched for by weirdos either. ;-)

Look, I don't like FB at all, and I am no techno head, but isn't that the same as sending them an email?

Look, I don't like FB at all, and I am no techno head, but isn't that the same as sending them an email?

Not 70+ people at the same time no.

Face book is hugely different to just emailing people.

I can upload hundreds and hundreds of pics to facebook and friends and family can instantly see the photos, the size my files are I am lucky to upload 10 per email without having to go through a separate company that deals with large files.

A, I don't want to send 10 emails with 10 pics each when I can put them in one place.

B, I don't want to use a random company just because they can deal with bigger files.

C, yahoo cannot tell me when my college friends are currently online so we can all discuss our assignment at the same time in one long continuos message rather then pinging random emails back and forth to each other.

Yes it has it's problems, but it's also very useful.

Archived