Case Officer - Deadline???

Guest GarySawers

Guest GarySawers

Hey everyone,

So great news, we been contacted by our case officer!

The only thing is we been told we have a 15th of February deadline!!

Our medicals and British police checks will be done by then but am pretty sure with the processing time and postal our Aussie police checks won't be back in time?

Anyone know what this means..

You have 28 days to get these organised. As long as you can show that you have applied for them, there should not be a problem, my Aus police check came back 2 days after the dead line - I had uploaded copy of Bank draft receipt and post office receipt(this was before you could apply online), to show I had applied - contact CO to tell them, and uploaded when it arrived got grant about 2 days later.

I dont know if you get some sort of acknowledgement when you apply online?

Guest GarySawers

Thanks for the reply Lebourvellec! Putting my mind right at ease! I sent my police check by post but have the receipt from the post office and I would imagine there will be a e-mail sent to me when the documentation has arrived!!!

If you read the request carefully it is likely that it says "28 days to respond". As stated above if you acknowledge the request and let them know that everything is being processed it won't be an issue. Case officers are very reasonable when it comes to delays outside of your control.

Yes - but police certificates are only valid for 12 months - it is the earliest date of medicals or police certificates that are use for your first entry date to validate your visa. Doing them too early they may expire before being invited or leave you little time to validate your visas. The first entry date can not bechanged after a visa has been granted.

Archived