Do I need an agent

justme1502

Hi everyone just looking for a bit of guidance please! This is my first post! My hubby n I are hoping to apply for a 189 (or possibly a 190) visa in the next few months. He is a joiner and has to do his IELTS to bump up his points. We are really just at the early stages and I was wondering if we really need an agent. I've been researching and think I know the majority of what is needed but thought an agent might just take the pressure off and assist making sure all references, work experience paperwork etc is up to visa standards, or will they just get me to fill in paperwork I could have downloaded myself off the immigration website? Also I have been looking at Migration Angels has anyone had any dealing with them? Sorry for all the questions just want to set us off on the right path!! Thanks

Some do and some don't. A lot of people have discussed this question. All comes down to the individual. I needed the organisation as I am rubbish at it! Having been through it I think it is possible I could have gone through but I have a stepson and wanted to be sure.

If you use an agent, make sure they are MARA registered to ensure you are fully protected.

This forum will help you whenever you need it!

An agent should walk you through the process step by step, and take the pressure off you.

There can be a tendency to become overwhelmed by the exercise - once you have identified the strategy it needs to be broken down into manageable pieces.

I sense the emotional support and taking away of worry is as valuable to many as the technical aspects of the visa application.

Good luck, whichever way you decide to go!

Welcome to PIO

No you dont have to use an agent - but it is always advisable to run your case past an Registered Migration Agent before you start. Many people feel confident to do the application themselves.

I have not heard about the agent you have mentioned, but they are MARA registered, which is a must when choosing an agent. There are some reviews on this site.

If you are going to do the application yourselves - make sure that you have all the points you are claiming for - especially the work experience. With trades, any time as an apprentice will not count towards work experience for points purposes. Making a mistake on your application - if it is refused you will lose your application fee, which depending how big your family is can be £4-5k.

http://migrationagentreviews.com/component/content/article/41-australia-agent-reviews/203-migration-angels.html

I agree with the post above that it seems to be personal preference.

Lots of our members have successfully applied without using an agent,you may see this referred to as the DIY route,lol,,, for me personally i wanted that second pair of knowledgeable eyes to check over everything before it was submitted, id read of peeps having their application returned and although it doesnt seem common i didnt want that risk.

Lots of luck with everything, applying for the visa can sure be a stressful process so hang in there,lol.

Cal x

Hi everyone just looking for a bit of guidance please! This is my first post! My hubby n I are hoping to apply for a 189 (or possibly a 190) visa in the next few months. He is a joiner and has to do his IELTS to bump up his points. We are really just at the early stages and I was wondering if we really need an agent. I've been researching and think I know the majority of what is needed but thought an agent might just take the pressure off and assist making sure all references, work experience paperwork etc is up to visa standards, or will they just get me to fill in paperwork I could have downloaded myself off the immigration website? Also I have been looking at Migration Angels has anyone had any dealing with them? Sorry for all the questions just want to set us off on the right path!! Thanks

Hi

It will depend on yourself, but in the scheme of things, you will have spent an awful lot of money:

• Skill Assessment

• IELTS

• Medicals

• Police Clearances

• Government fees for you both

Yes appointing an Agent costs money too, and yes its quite a bit, but in the end you have someone who is trained and experienced checking everything at each step of the way, and interpreting those obtuse instructions and / or letters from the Government and telling you exactly what you need to provide and then preparing, lodging and liaising post-lodgement with the Immigration department until you receive a decision. An agent will also prepare all the State sponsorship applications, the EOI etc... managing the whole process. If you are both working full time, or don't want the headache, then this is probably money well spent, providing you choose the right person you feel most comfortable working with. In the end it doesn't matter where that Agent is, providing you are happy with the communication between you.

Bonnie Durmic

Managing Director - iVisas

(MARN 0531273)

Thanks everyone, think I will take the agent path, it's definately worth spending that extra money for honest advice from people who will spot weak points before submission. It's all so exciting at the moment , I bet that may wear off soon when the stress kicks in lol.

Archived