New car import tax

kevin jc

Hello all

Hope all is well in PIO these days ;) We have a question for the class!!! does any one know what kind of import tax you would pay on taking a new car to Vic?

It would be a car we have not owned for the required year to avoid the tax but just sounding out different idea's.

Any thoughts?

Thanks all

Kev

The taxes apply to all cars regardless of the scheme they come in under, unfortunately. If you're not going to own it for a year, then your options are limited to either a classic car (built pre-1989) or from a limited list of cars via the SEVS scheme. But yes, feel free to email us for more info :)

The taxes apply to all cars regardless of the scheme they come in under, unfortunately. If you're not going to own it for a year, then your options are limited to either a classic car (built pre-1989) or from a limited list of cars via the SEVS scheme. But yes, feel free to email us for more info :)

Thanks mate, Fair enough, Guess I will just buy a new one there and saves any import problems I might have had if it was possible.

Have been looking online at the cars there but torn between a few, I need a 7 seater so that narrows it down a bit.

I just hate shopping!

Back to reviews I guess,

Thanks for the help

Kev

I know this is mixing business with...welll...another business, but my original business, Iron Chef Imports (hence my username) imports cars ex-Japan. Depending on your budget, it's worth looking at the Nissan Elgrand. One of the few seven seaters that 1) has a decent sized V6 engine (very handy when overtaking in the country!) and 2) still has space in the rear, even with all three rows of seats up. Let me know if you'd like more info.

2002_nissan_elgrand_used_2363002_1_m.jpg

2002_nissan_elgrand_used_2363002_1_m.jpg

Archived