Really want to stay in oz

TomasMykal

Hi guys

I've got 8 months left on my working holiday visa, just turned 30 and I guess like many others would like to stay. Besides being sponsored and getting married what other choices do I have...?

How about studying..., something I need to do anyway...?

If you are currently on your first working holiday visa, then you could do your 3 months of rural agricultural work and then be eligible to apply for a second working holiday visa. The age limit at time of application is 18-30 inclusive, I.e. before you turn 31.

If you are thinking you might like to stay in Australia longer term though, then I would suggest that you discuss your options with a registered migration agent, who will look at your qualifications, employment experience, and other personal circumstances and advise whether you may be eligible to apply for a permanent residence visa.

a student visa may be an option if you do want to study in Australia, but you should be aware that fees for international students are very expensive.

What did you do back home?

You can study but it's horribly expensive - even more so if your wanting to attempt to find a course that will allow you to stay here permanently. It's also becoming harder and harder for students to stay on here after their studies.

If you are happy to stay on for another year and then return home I'd look to get your second WHV if your able to do so.

Thanks guys

I was an English teacher in Asia for about 4 years , prior to that I was working in music. My highest achievement in school studies is gcse. Apart from my celta teaching certificate I don't hv too much paperwork

In regards to studying , (am looking at tafe) when you say expensive how expensive is it..? Also how long do study visas go for.. The length of the course or different

Thanks guys

I was an English teacher in Asia for about 4 years , prior to that I was working in music. My highest achievement in school studies is gcse. Apart from my celta teaching certificate I don't hv too much paperwork

In regards to studying , (am looking at tafe) when you say expensive how expensive is it..? Also how long do study visas go for.. The length of the course or different

I think the visa goes for the length of the course (But not 100% sure on that) in regards to cost depends on what you want to study, but having a random look at a diploma in Hospitality it's $14'000 per year as an international student.

For a guide this is the WA tafe courses and prices for international students: http://www.eti.wa.edu.au/course-catalogue.html

Years ago I looked at studying in Australia but unfortunately the international fees are a killer.

Not only do you have to pay large international student fees but you have to have financial proof that you can support yourself without working whilst your studying. For this immigration asks your to have $18,000 in your bank account per year of study. On top of that you have to have funds for your course and funds to get you home at the end of your course.

if your looking at a diploma course that won't be enough to allow you to stay afterwards. Most skilled visas will require a bachelor degree. I also wouldn't bother spending money like that if your only going to do a diploma.

I would work like mad save your money and then just stay on tourist visas for six months. Maybe work six months all the time in UK or another country then return to Australia for six months holiday and not work. Thats what i do at the moment :) It works, if you dont mind living on the cheap.

Get your secon year done and applied for ASAP to give you a little more breathing space. You could come home after and study there apply for skilled migration. 3 years study is nothing in the scheme of a whole life and you may find you enjoy life as a student back home? Look at a south west/ south coast uni and they can be near the sad and very chilled in comparison to inner city ones.

Archived