189 Visa Lodged January

tina0101

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes yes yes yes yes we have finally been granted our 189 visa! I'm so over the moon, I screamed, danced and then cried my eyes out with relief! Oh my god I'm so happy and can finally make plans. Thank you so much each and every one of you for your words of support and putting up with me. I'm still in shock :) xxxx

Yayyyyyy! Kellie I am so happy for you! Congratulations to you and your family! Live your OZ dream ! I was just waiting to hear this news from you. Absolutely thrilled.

Now just waiting for our grant. Hope it comes soon. :cute:

Thank you so much all of you and congratulations to everyone who has been granted their visas. I have found this thread the place to come and air my feelings as the people on here truly understand the process and the pain!

To those of you still waiting it WILL happen, I started to doubt it but don't it really will happen. Those visas are still getting granted every day mine came when I least expected it, I had given up checking each day and was actually away for a few days with the kids when my agent phoned to tell me the good news. Good luck and let us all know when you get your news. We are heading to the Gold Coast with 3 young children so anyone else heading that way lets all meet up!

Cheers guys ( I still can't believe it ) ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Yes yes yes yes yes we have finally been granted our 189 visa! I'm so over the moon, I screamed, danced and then cried my eyes out with relief! Oh my god I'm so happy and can finally make plans. Thank you so much each and every one of you for your words of support and putting up with me. I'm still in shock :) xxxx

Kellie,

I have been checking this thread daily while in Singapore. I miss out one day on checking it and BOOm, you have the visa grant, and now 4 bloody pages of congratulations lol. So pleased for you and your family and the wait was worth it right??? It's like the taste of a fresh, ice cold beer on a hot summers day after you've been hours without a drink..yes...it's that great of a relief!!

so so pleased for you and now I feel my obligation to read this thread is slowly slipping away. There was another business studies teacher on here aplying for grant, and I was very interested in them but forgot who that was now.

Anyways, Kellie, YES YES YES you are now an Australian Permanent Resident!!!!!!!!!!!

Kellie,

I have been checking this thread daily while in Singapore. I miss out one day on checking it and BOOm, you have the visa grant, and now 4 bloody pages of congratulations lol. So pleased for you and your family and the wait was worth it right??? It's like the taste of a fresh, ice cold beer on a hot summers day after you've been hours without a drink..yes...it's that great of a relief!!

so so pleased for you and now I feel my obligation to read this thread is slowly slipping away. There was another business studies teacher on here aplying for grant, and I was very interested in them but forgot who that was now.

Anyways, Kellie, YES YES YES you are now an Australian Permanent Resident!!!!!!!!!!!

coolbreeze i I have been waiting for you to come and check lol. I was going to put 'where's coolbreeze gone'? Yes I am so happy! I woke up this morning and read through the visa grant letter again, eeeeeek. The right to reside in Australia permanently! Still can't quite believe it. Xxxxxx thank you

Vandeux - We're off on 6th July - the one way tickets are already booked - I've even been pro active in booking this 1 day mandatory course I have to attend before applying for teaching license in SA for 11th July.

Kellie - I would have replied to other posts but I am a lazy git and can never be arsed to type much on mobile phone (I haven't nimble teenage fingers anymore). I'm glad I checked today though as I got see the all important one, the GRANT post. You should get the timeline added in you signature now...it's really nice to just look at how your application progressed. Happy Happy days ahead!!

REMEMBER the two of you Adelaide, if you're in it, let me know!!! Drinks on me! (1st round anyway :))

Congratulations Kellie.Very very happy for you and your family. i almost check everyday to see this awesome message.

I feel relieved seeing your message. I honestly believe my grant day is soon to come.

Welcome to Australia.

Coolbreeze I'll get all my info out later and check dates and add to signature but we began process beginning of September 2013 with skills Assessment through vetassess, we had positive outcome in December, booked IELTS and got points needed on 27th December, I need to check when we submitted EOI but i know we got invite to apply at first available round. Lodged visa in jan (I'll check date but I think it was around 24th) got case officer pretty quickly then done police checks, form 80 and meds on 1st march and got Grant on Wednesday 16th April whooooo hooooo so start to finish 7 and a half months!!! Not bad aye! Worst part was waiting on the grant!

Vandeux we will be deciding on a date next week as depends on what way we go with house now. Do we sell AGAIN or rent it out? If we rent it we need some time to save to go but latest date to validate is 8th march. Weird how we pull out of sale then get visa granted, is someone telling us to keep house?

Coolbreeze we def want to visit Adelaide so I'll hold you to that drink, if you ever come to Gold Coast same applies to you

Congratulations. I knew it would come eventually Enjoy the chaos that now begins with moving. Are you looking for jobs first?

• 4 weeks later...

Guys,

I have been requested to obtain PCC because my PCC has been expired. We had written to CO mentioning that both PCC & medicals are expiring in April. However, we heard from CO requesting only PCC. Wonder why there is no request for medicals. I perceive that both should remain active to mark initial entry. Anyone here had/knows a similar situation like mine. Your responses are highly appreciated here.

Regards

coolbreeze i I have been waiting for you to come and check lol. I was going to put 'where's coolbreeze gone'? Yes I am so happy! I woke up this morning and read through the visa grant letter again, eeeeeek. The right to reside in Australia permanently! Still can't quite believe it. Xxxxxx thank you

Kellie, Many congrats for your grant!!!!

I am so over the waiting now!! Have spent all day checking my emails in case OH has emailed me to say we've got it!! This is going to be a looooong week!!

:arghh:

Hi Coolbreeze, I am facing a problem with Thai PPC for my wife. I sent them all the documents but when i called them today they said that they need a letter from the Australian Embassy about the reason the check is needed and asking for 100 Baht again (I sent them a Cashiers Check for that amount already). Did you face any such issues?

How did you get the Letter from Embassy?

Please help. thanks in Advnce.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi kellie how's things? Has the celebrations calmed down since grant, ha ha. Were still waiting no contact at all been 10 weeks since lodgement, patience of a saint is needed

Cant believe your still waiting! I'm assuming your waiting in the 1st July now? Is that the case. Yes all calmed a bit, we are currently living with my parents and house is in final stages of completing. Soon as we have completed on house we can decide on a move date!

Very exciting but sad too as leaving fam and friends. Good luck to you and I'll keep my fingers crossed that your grant comes sooner rather than later x

Cant believe your still waiting! I'm assuming your waiting in the 1st July now? Is that the case. Yes all calmed a bit, we are currently living with my parents and house is in final stages of completing. Soon as we have completed on house we can decide on a move date!

Very exciting but sad too as leaving fam and friends. Good luck to you and I'll keep my fingers crossed that your grant comes sooner rather than later x

I am not sure as our agent hasn't informed us of anything since lodgement all documents are front loaded, we didn't think we'd be waiting this long either, hope the house is finalised soon for you's too & you's enjoy your time left thank you for keeping us in your thoughts great to know that the people on here know what it is like to be waiting!

I am not sure as our agent hasn't informed us of anything since lodgement all documents are front loaded, we didn't think we'd be waiting this long either, hope the house is finalised soon for you's too & you's enjoy your time left thank you for keeping us in your thoughts great to know that the people on here know what it is like to be waiting!

God your more patient than me I was ringing my agent up every day! It truly was the worst bit of it all that dreaded WAIT! Totally feel for you xx

God your more patient than me I was ringing my agent up every day! It truly was the worst bit of it all that dreaded WAIT! Totally feel for you xx

I am paying close attention to other forums to see if 189s are still been given out, and the immi website has a estimated allocation date to be assigned a team there on 28th feb, and the next update for that is mid June, mind you I seen someone who lodged the 4th of march and same lodgement date as me get a grant dunno what order it goes in at all.