hi does anyone live in springfield, brisbane

Guest kate b

Guest kate b

hi

im moving very soon to brisbane and am hoping to move to the springfield area does anyone know the area and schools?, i have 3 children 11,8,5 who also like the look of the area i just wanted a more personal opinion of the area and to find out about activities, clubs, child care arrangements or about child minders etc any help would be appreciated many thanx kate

Hi ,,do you mean Springfield Lakes? if so its about 15mins from me and a really nice area,schools are quite new and seem to carry a good reputation,houses are going up at a rate of knots and theres some really nice houses too.Size wise the land isnt big on most of them ,its called a low maintance court yard in Oz.Its very similar to estate living in the uk,theres a new shopping centre just been built ,univesity and golf club so nothing is too far away,hope this helps a bit

Cal x

Guest Sheerluck

I live about 15 minutes away from Springfield as well, and we quite often go down to the sparkly new shopping centre there.

As a suburb it is very new. Everywhere is freshly built and looks in mint condition, including the new Orion Shopping centre. There is a new secondary school in the process of being built, I think it will be completed this spring sometime. The house prices don't seem too bad, though as Cal says they do come with less land than other suburbs. Easy to get to the City, being close to the Ipswich motorway, providing you don't want to get there in peak rush hour.

Can't answer the rest of your questions I'm afraid though.

Dave

Guest kate b

hi

thanx everyone for the replies it sounds great it is the cheaper rentals for a 4 bedroomed house that is attracting me there for now but the schools sound great, thanx everyone

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there - We live in Brookwater which is 2 mins from Springfield Lakes (other side of Orion). This place is fantastic. Springfield Lakes is a real family place too, as are all of the 3 or 4 main estates around here. As for childcare there is no need to look as far as Ipswich. There are ABC child care centres nr Orion, in Augustine heights and Brookwater as well as other independents in Sprinfield Lakes. The land sizes all depend on what you want to how much money you have. Anything from 350sqm up to 1500sqm (Augustine heights), although I believe Brentwood is offering the best value land at the moment (opposite end of town to Springfield Lakes - nr Redbank plains). Anyway - bottom line is that we LOVE this place. It's a ittle hike to the beach (45mins by car) but still centrally located so nothing is too far away (Gold coast, sunshine coast, Brisbane CBD, hinterland). Bear in mind rental prices are going crazy in Brisbane at the moment. Get in as soon as you can!

Apologies if there are spelling mistakes but it is bloody Earth hour and I'm typing in the dark!

Guest kate b

hi

thanx for the reply, im a burgess as well!! im kate burgess from manchester! yes i agree it does look great and has everything i want, i have a job at a hospital in the cbd district but the rents for a 4 bedroomed house are way too much near to the city and i want somewhere mainly for my 3 children so they can play out and go to clubs etc, i have got my eye on some properties in springfield so fingers crossed we will be there in august cant wait!!! kate b

We have just spent the morning walking round Lake 1 in springfield lakes. Stopped for lunch at La Luna, went to the playground with our daughter (2). Blue skies. 28 degrees. Beautiful!!! You'll love it here. If you end up in SPringfield (the older part of the area) you'll still have easy access to the lakes etc as I've seen they are in the process of building a pedestrian walkway over the centenary Hwy that seperates the two suburbs. You really can't ask for more than round here. Amazing place to bring up a family.

Have you got your visa etc through yet? What does the other half do? Sepending on your profession, work is easy to find here, esp in nursing and construction.

Let me know if you need any info....might not be able to help, but I can try!

Darren (33) Minna (28) & Maia(2)

At the moment I believe Wolston Park Hospital on the other side of Goodna (5-10 mins away) is the closest (no idea if that is private tho), and Ipswich General (near Queens Park in Ipswich) is about 10-15 mins away. There will however be "Health City" built within the town centre next to Orion, which will include practices, hospitals, health clubs and research centres. No idea when this will happen, not for a few years yet I don't suppose. Orion stage II is next along with the Botanic Gardens/Parkland, sometime next year. Hope that helps.

Guest kate b

hi djburgess

my oh (he's a doorman, security) is having difficulty with his visa and because were not married is getting his seperate, im coming out first with my children because my house is sold and my employers want me there in 4 months , everything is coming together my nursing registration, police checks etc. I have a job at st andrews hospital in the city but as i mentioned before im not going to get a 4 bedroomed house anywere near there that i can reasonably afford which has attracted me to springfield/ springfield lakes. I have another interview tonight at midnight!! with the mater hospital so i will see which sounds the best, been lookingat hospitals nearer to springfield but no jobs suitable for me.Is there a railway service to the city centre yet or do you need acar round there? thanx for the advice kate

DEF need a car! There was supposed to be a rail line in place next year but because of the drought they are saying they now can't afford it until 2015. To be honest public transport here aint great, nor are the roads. Probably one of my very few moans about the place. Lots of money going into roads though.

Good luck with the interview!

• 4 months later...
Guest Emmalina

I have just moved here with my family, and ended up buying a house in Springfield - we move in on 28th Aug. I just wondered if anyone else lived in this area, I literally do not know anybody here. I am a stay at home Mum of 6 - and I would love to meet people so that I don't feel so isolated.

You would probably find the majority of the nightlife would be in ipswich centre,so just a short drive from Springfield Lakes. Houses sometimes look cheaper because they are pretty small plots of land, Springfield lakes is a nice area,with highly regarded schools, its far from a rough area,hope this helps a bit

Cal x

I have just moved here with my family, and ended up buying a house in Springfield - we move in on 28th Aug. I just wondered if anyone else lived in this area, I literally do not know anybody here. I am a stay at home Mum of 6 - and I would love to meet people so that I don't feel so isolated.

Hi Emmalina

Have a look at the meet ups section of the forum, I think that there's usually something going on. If not, I'm sure someone will respond if you post a new thread for a coffee meet up etc. I''m still a bit far away to meet up, hon.

Good luck honey, you won't be lonely for long xx:wubclub:

Mrs Tyke xx

Guest gothicqueen
hi

im moving very soon to brisbane and am hoping to move to the springfield area does anyone know the area and schools?, i have 3 children 11,8,5 who also like the look of the area i just wanted a more personal opinion of the area and to find out about activities, clubs, child care arrangements or about child minders etc any help would be appreciated many thanx kate

HI Kate

we are looking at Springfield, we have relatives who live in roachdale and redland bay so this is in the middle of them. One set of rellies lived there when their kids were younger and they all went to school there, and they said the schooling was good (although this was a few years ago) they said they settled well and loved the area, I have a daughter who is 16 next month, and 2 sons aged 11 and 5 so we have kids of similar ages, we wont be going till late next year (trying to find the funds to pay the visa fees at the mo!) so would be good if there is already somone out there with monsters similar ages!!

Helen

Guest gothicqueen

Kate, just noticed you are n Manchester, are you able to get to our manchester meet up on Sunday this week in Oldham? The kids could mingle too!!!!

our friends emigrated 4 years ago & have lived in Springfield since then (just round the corner from the Springfield Tavern).

They love it - we had a week there in May / June & its a nice place. A bit souless for us (if that makes sense) in that its a relatively new area and there doesn't seem to be much character but its still a nice place. Plenty shops - the Springfield lakes pub is quality & its not far to Wacol train station, which is on the line to Brisbane.

We're looking to move to Geelong but wouldn't have any qualms about living in Springfield.

Archived