West Country folk?

Hi, my family ( husband, 3 kids) and I are from the Bristol/South Gloucestershire area. We've been in Perth (nor) for just about a year. Any other west country folk fancy a get together?

Cheers

Kirsty

Why does it have to be "West Folk only"........:confused:....is it because they talk funny and us Northener`s wouldn't understand......?

Yes me babber

you wouldn't understand a word we bis saying you Gert wassack! :)

oh I would hear you folk around any bar asking for lemonade in your beer .....:laugh:.......bitter and lager tops .............hence the Southern Softy term ......:wink:

Dont think much is happening...let me know if Ive missed anything.... but theres still some Aussie punk bands still kicking around..like the Scientists who played a reunion gig recently

To the OP forgive us for derailing the thread... :eek:

Dont think much is happening...let me know if Ive missed anything.... but theres still some Aussie punk bands still kicking around..like the Scientists who played a reunion gig recently

To the OP forgive us for derailing the thread... :eek:

the OP wont mind she is a "very " good friend of mine .......sure we missed some Ska gigs ?will keep an eye out for good gigs .......

We're a little older Lindor..thinking of some reincarnations of Slits, Toy Dolls, The Damned or Stranglers... though I think Tonyman did see Hugh Cornwell on his oz leg

Love the Toy Dolls! They're still gigging and touring! Not a fan of the Slits. I saw the Stranglers at

Glastonbury in 2010 with Baz Warne, ex Toy Dolls, good stuff! BTW Gee, who did you mean was older?

Love the Toy Dolls! They're still gigging and touring! Not a fan of the Slits. I saw the Stranglers at

Glastonbury in 2010 with Baz Warne, ex Toy Dolls, good stuff! BTW Gee, who did you mean was older?

Good stuff good taste Lindor!

I meant older nuggety bands not the neo punk stuff, theres still some good stuff doing the rounds tho..

Ive been recently digging into the archives of 70s oz punk bands and beyond the Saints there was a huge plethora.. Melbourne was a centre for great underground punk music

Perth had the Victims, The Scientists

But what has West Country Folk gotta do with punk? Heheh as much as mountainbikes have in common with 60s mod music!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived