Likelihood of securing a admin/gov type job on WHV?

Mato

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of applying for a career break from my current civil service position here and then applying for a WHV. I plan to go to Melbourne as my brother is currently there. However, I'm not really keen for doing hospitality or agricultural type work. Does anyone know if it's possible to secure an admin or above type job on a WHV? I'm not sure that those rolls would be suited for people who can only fill them for 6 months?

Any advice appreciated :)

Cheers

When I first arrived I got a 6 months govt temp job. When I went along to the 3 day induction/training course I would say that 90% of people on that course were people on a WHV.

We were all from the same agency, so might be worth finding out who the agencies are in Melbs that have the govt contracts and get yourself signed up with them.

An added bonus getting this type of work is that the govt dept will apply and pay for your police clearance which saves you time and money and you can use once the job is finished.

Oh maybe i'm wrong then? I thought for all govt jobs you had to be PR...unless it's different with admin....okay time to shut my mouth ;)

I can only go by by experience BC...The ones on my course were mainly young Irish on WHV, I was only on a 457 visa then too.

Thanks guys. I'm not totally hung-up on working for the Gov, it's just that's all I know. I'm currently a case officer for the charity commission so hopefully my skills will be transferable to other roles out there. :)

Archived