Family of 4 hoping to make the move to Sydney in the next year or so!

nuttersuclan

Hey all

My wife (teacher) and I (lecturer) are hoping to make the move to Sydney in the next 12-18 months. We've got two young girls (4 and 6 months) and are just starting the whole process. It's quite a minefield, that's for sure!

As a start, can I throw out a few noob questions;

1 - Once granted, how long do you have to take up residence in Australia? We're applying for subclass 189.

2 - The points system suggests 5 points can be awarded for your partner's qualifications, as long as you are on the same Occupation List. A lecturer is not on the SOL whereas a secondary school teacher is. We are both, however, on the CSOL. Does this count?

3 - Roughly how much (%) of the visa application fee is required at the start, at how much when it has been granted?

Many thanks in advance

:)

Edited by nuttersuclan

I can only answer the first question, I am sure someone will come along to help with the others

You have one year to activate your visas. That means travel to Oz. You then have a further 4 years to complete the move.

Point number 3 - The total cost of the visa is required upon submitting your application. Without paying the fee you cannot submit.

I can only answer the first question, I am sure someone will come along to help with the others

You have one year to activate your visas. That means travel to Oz. You then have a further 4 years to complete the move.

Thanks for the reply. Plenty of time to sort things out once the visa has been granted then. Good news :)

Point number 3 - The total cost of the visa is required upon submitting your application. Without paying the fee you cannot submit.

Yikes. That's quite a sting upfront. Does anyone know the success ratio of applications?