Partner Visa 309/100 lodged in London - question re acknowledgement.

TheEscapePlan

Hi All

Apologies if this thread is elsewhere.

My hubby applied for the 309/100 Partner Visa on 4 December 2013. The fee was taken from our account on 5 December, but as yet we haven't had any contact or acknowledgement from the Australian High Commission in London. We had to submit in paper form because the electronic submission was unavailable due to 'maintenance'.

I've read a few threads on here, and people seem to say it takes ten days. Even with Christmas it has been a lot longer than that. Should we chase them up?

Cheers :)

I'd not worry. Your application is in, lodged and so the clock is already ticking for you in that respect. A CO will be in touch when they are assigned. Just sit tight. It has taken some people a couple of weeks or so to hear anything.

Eta - nothing to stop you emailing if you really want to.

See my timeline below. Did not hear from CO for nearly 4 weeks. If money has been taken they have your application and you will hear shortly. Bear in mind most offices have been closed the last 2 weeks. As Snifter says the clock ticks from the date they receive your application so when you get the email makes no difference.

5 weeks + 1 day for me ;)

Applied for 309/100 in London as well, end of October 2013.

I've seen quite a number of people in the same situation posting on forums recently saying that was roughly their time frame for acknowledgment as well.

Archived