medicals - ? hepatitis blood test??

nursesam

Hi,

I've just applied for medicals (I dont have a case officer yet), I followed the link on my immi account page to get my referral letter and HAP ID - after doing this it stated on the letter that I only need a basic medical and it did not include the hepatitis tests.

I'm a nurse so thought this would be needed. When I booked the lady at nuffied said they can only book the tests that are indicated on the referral letter so I don't know how I can get it added on.

Does anyone have any advice on this? I don't want to have to go back at a later date and do the blood test as I don't want to delay things!

Any help would be grately appreciated.

Sam

Done medicals on 17th of Dec, as they required, I didn't see anything about hepatitis mentioned though, but I really have no clue if they did it or not (the results are sealed, only the GP can open them and we were instructed not to open them - we brought the results to the GP; odd way to send the results though, as here they don't send the results electronically yet)

Hi,

I've just applied for medicals (I dont have a case officer yet), I followed the link on my immi account page to get my referral letter and HAP ID - after doing this it stated on the letter that I only need a basic medical and it did not include the hepatitis tests.

I'm a nurse so thought this would be needed. When I booked the lady at nuffied said they can only book the tests that are indicated on the referral letter so I don't know how I can get it added on.

Does anyone have any advice on this? I don't want to have to go back at a later date and do the blood test as I don't want to delay things!

Any help would be grately appreciated.

Sam

Sam did you not have to tick somewhere that you would be working in hospitals? I did for both visas and was always asked for hep.

My partner did his medicals last week and whilst he isn't a nurse or anything the questionnaire he had to fill in prior to the medical did ask if he would be working in hospitals etc. I assumed this would be for a hep b test or something?

My partner did his medicals last week and whilst he isn't a nurse or anything the questionnaire he had to fill in prior to the medical did ask if he would be working in hospitals etc. I assumed this would be for a hep b test or something?

I'm a Nurse and had my medicals done right after christmas. I had the medical examination, Hepatitis B and C and CXR. This was according to the referral letter so I just had to follow it even if I got tested for everything last year. I think the medicals would depend on your nationality/where your home country is(assuming that the Immigration would deem it high/low risk country)

Any progress with your 457 visa application/s?

I'm a Nurse and had my medicals done right after christmas. I had the medical examination, Hepatitis B and C and CXR. This was according to the referral letter so I just had to follow it even if I got tested for everything last year. I think the medicals would depend on your nationality/where your home country is(assuming that the Immigration would deem it high/low risk country)

Any progress with your 457 visa application/s?

Nurses/doctors always have to do full visa Medicals, regardless of visa. That is why I'm wondering if everything got ticked on the application?

Other applicants may have tests added, but health staff always have the same tests regardless of where they come from.

Nurses/doctors always have to do full visa Medicals, regardless of visa. That is why I'm wondering if everything got ticked on the application?

Other applicants may have tests added, but health staff always have the same tests regardless of where they come from.

Yes you may be right. It is a well known fact that any healthcare professional must complete the immunization check along with other preemployment checks so I guess she's been cleared with this one prior to getting her job offer. Having said that, I don't think you would need to comply to any blood tests re:medicals as it was not indicated on your referral letter as you claimed.

I think it depends what you have ticked on your form.

I had to tick that I would be working with young people / vulnerable adults.

When the medicals were done I had hepatitis and HIV test I think. I brought all my vaccinations certs with me but don't remember being asked for them.

Millie

Archived